Does anyone have an opinion on Millie Gibson being axed from "Doctor Who"?

A claim like “difficult to work with” just seems like the sort of generic thing someone would come up with to try an explain a departure. You can justify it with basically any small thing.

I haven’t seen her episode yet (I don’t have Disney+) but some talk on Reddit suggested that they’ve already set up an arc that would likely have a conclusion. And that would be consistent with what RTD did with both Martha and Donna. Only Rose lasted two seasons, and I suspect a lot of that was because they didn’t want to change Doctor and Companion at the same time that early on. It would take only slight changes to end Rose’s arc in Series 1.

It’s only because of later series by other showrunners that having a Companion leave after a season seems unusual. And I suspect it is that which led to the media looking for reasons why it is happening, rather than any on-set problems necessitating her departure.

I just want to share a brief extract from the episode which I really enjoyed. :grinning:

Bing Videos

Er. I don’t think that’s right.

Well, crap, it appears I’m completely wrong on this one. I swear I found multiple cites that said… well… never mind. Apologies. My love is pure, it’s strong, but also apparently based on next to zero comprehension. (I have to wonder if the best loves are.)
I will henceforth limit myself to pronouncing “Amy Pond”, which (after all) I’ve almost entirely learned from hearing it said as opposed to reading it.

Were you possibly thinking of Gillian Jacobs who pronounces her first name with a hard g?

No, I don’t even know who that is.

I’m baffled. There are two things I remember. One is a friend I had a few years ago, whose name was “Gillian” and who went by “Gill”, but with a soft “G”. She was Scottish and had lived for a few years in the US. She explained that “Gill” was the Scottish spelling for the name spelled “Jill” in the US. She put up with being called “Gill” with a hard “G”, like the fish breathing organ, because of this national difference.

The other thing I remember, though I now fear perhaps falsely, was looking up how to pronounce “Karen Gillan” and finding multiple instances with a soft “G”. So, what, I dreamt it? I’m baffled. This just winds up on the pile of reasons to question my memory.

She was in Community and the Netflix series Love, among others.

Gillian Jacobs - Wikipedia