Does anyone remember Nickelodeon's 'Special Delivery'?

I’m guessing the show that Amazing Grace and Gretchen Ross are trying to remember is Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea, or at least a certain story arc of it.

Ok since this thread kinda ended up talking about Nick shows in general, I want to add my faves! Grimm’s fairy tales were SO great. I remember one in particular which was about Snow White and Rose Red. They were sisters.

Anyone remember the cartoons like Maya the Bee? There was also one about koala bears, was it named Woozles? Man there was David the Gnome, and Lil’ Bits…I loved me some Nickelodeon. I’ll even admit to watching Eureka’s Castle though that wasn’t a cartoon.

They need a retro Nickelodeon channel with all those old shows on it. I’d watch it even though I’m 27.

I remember! I think we might need a thread for retro Nick shows. I loved Nick Junior. And regular Nickelodeon, like Are You Afraid of the Dark, Alex Mack…the Nicktoons, including Rugrats and Doug. Back in the day, man.

I was thinking, around the time I did my WACK post, that Nick should have a TV Land for Nick. LOL.

And Yes, this nearly 25 y.o would watch.

OH WOW, I had forgotten about Snow White and Rose Red, I LOVED that! I also remember there was a cartoon version of Swan Lake that I used to watch and also loved. I totally remember Maya The Bee, I loved David the Gnome, and the koala bear show (where they would ride on shooting stars?) wasn’t called the Woozles but now I can’t for the life of me remember what it was called. Ha I feel like all I did as a child was watch TV! There is a Nick channel that plays old gameshows of theirs like Guts and Legends of the Hidden Temple, but none of the really good fictional shows.

The only koala show I remember besides the one you mention (did you mean “Noozles”? was “Adventures of the Little Koala,” a Japanese import. But it wasn’t all that magical, whereas “Noozles” was. Hmmm, I think I do need to start a nostalgia thread…

I watched both of those shows, Noozles and The Adventures of the Little Koala (I just wiki’d them). That’s amazing, you have a great memory!!

Ok this has been driving me crazy, I remember this show where there was this Wizard, or maybe his name was Merlin. It wasn’t Mr. Wizard, I remember he had some sidekick, maybe a puppet. They would go into a janitors closet or something and play movies, the only one that I can recall was when it was very hot out, they decided to watch a movie about snow, polar bears, and penguins. And they talked about how just watching the movie made them cold.
For some reason I thought it was on Pinwheel but I couldn’t find it at all online. Any help would be appreciated.

Check out your other thread…you’ll have my answer. :slight_smile:

Anyway, you whippersnappers! With your Maya the Bee and your Eureka’s Castle! I remember the REALLY ancient Nick, from the time they had the interstitials with the mime on the black background. With shows like Hocus Focus (the show you’re looking for, charliesClimbingTree) and Video Comics. Back when they used to show short films in between shows to fill in time (films like Osamu Tezuka’s Jumping).

Now get off my lawn! :smiley:

I watched the heck out of that show, but there was a part of me that HATED it because those kids were having SO MUCH FUN and I wasn’t.

Actually, I think I felt that way about most of Nick’s game shows.

What, no love for Tomorrow People? That weird-ass Brit sci-fi show where the kids spontaneously developed psychic powers after having mental breakdowns?

Ah, memories…old-school Nick was almost as good as old-school Disney Channel when it came to freaky filler programming. The latter is where I saw Rankin-Bass’ Return of the King for the first time, IIRC.

Plus, the ancient wartime cartoon shorts on both.