Does anyone remember this old novelty song ("Onions, onions, rahrahrah")?

I swear I remember an old novelty song that was on a compilation my parents had when I was a kid, about onions. I can’t find anything but frustrating scraps of it in passing in years-old discussion groups and random message boards on Google.

It started with a breathy female voice singing, “Onions, onions, rah rah rah (or possibly raw, raw, raw)”, which repeats for a while.

Then, in the middle, a very poindextery-sounding man starts a lecture, “An onion is an odoriferous veg-et-able” with the syllables sounded out like that.

That’s all I can remember now. This shared an album with classics like Shaving Cream and They’re Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Ha.

Thanks in advance.

Here ya go.

That’s it! Wow…blast from my past…

Thank you, Chefguy!

I AM. . .the thread killer. :: poses with hands on hips, cape flying::

To be fair to you, this was never going to be a general-interest thread that was going to attract a lot of continuing discussion. :slight_smile:

Well, it might have branched off into a discussion of Green Onions, by Booker T. and the MGs, who, by the way, is still playing gigs such as the Portland Jazz Festival where I saw him last year. My 9th grade typing teacher used to play that record and we had to type along with the syncopated beat.

…or about Doctor Demento and novelty songs in general.

Or the snack food TV commercial that used this song in the '60s, and which I saw long before I ever heard the original…was it for Funyuns or OnYums?

You love Onions?

I Love Turtles

Whoa! Good one!

How vewy, vewy cwude . . .