Does Trump get indicted?

If the Garland and the DOJ really believed it was politically unwise to indict Trump the investigations and grand juries would have ended long ago. At this point the only reason they wouldn’t indict is if they convince themselves that the overwhelming amount of evidence they do have somehow isn’t enough.

If they don’t have an airtight case that is sure to get a conviction with any fair or even somewhat biased jury, they can’t bring it to trial. An acquittal will be vindication, and #trumpdidnothingwrong will be the new trend on whatever’s left of twitter.

Moderating:

(Emphasis mine.)

The above clearly violates our rules; specifically, this one:

For this specific violation, we are issuing a formal Warning and suspending your posting privileges for one day. Your continuing privileges to post on this message board are under review in the mod loop due to your consistent inability to follow moderator instructions re hijacking and violating board rules.

Am I the only one who doesn’t get this?

I took it to mean that if they were black, they’d be dead already. You know, threatening an armed officer with a cell phone or something.

Maybe the word was supposed to be “wouldn’t”?

And will again should they keep/regain senate and house majorities.

For the record, ten days ago, this is EXACTLY what Trump said he wants to happen to reporters, to a laughing and cheering crowd of his supporters. Should it happen to him, I’ll go looking for a suitably small violin.

I will point out that it does look like Hunter may have committed Tax fraud, and it ain’t the GOP that is pushing for that. Mind you, few go to prison for tax fraud, unless they thumb their nose at the Judge and tax code.

To me, the ideal end for a trump indictment would be a plea deal that he can no longer run or hold office.

No, the GOP is pushing for far more than that, and was pushing for it before they even had any evidence to believe that he had broken any laws.

Nothing I posted contradicts this.

If Hunter is really guilty of tax fraud, then he should get the same treatment as anyone else.

I assume you mean Fani Willis who, as I pointed out earlier, is looking to indict him. She obviously cannot act for all of the US. BUT she can act for the sovereign State of Georgia as the alleged crimes took place in Fulton County.

Agreed, as long as you are saying that nothing you posted was meant to contradict @Lance_Turbo.

Agreed, but, as I said, the GOP wouldn’t.

A deal he would most certainly break as soon as Republicans in power make it possible.

Excavating_for_a_mind, you took it correctly.

We can’t be afraid of the mob. The SS will stand down if the order comes in to bring the Slobfather in. If there is a huge crowd there, some tear gas should bring them in and if they start shooting up the place, then start shooting back. Think we can’t touch him else they go after Hunter and Hillary? If they had any fucking evidence they’d have done so long ago. Instead we’ve got “derp… something something laptop” and “derp… something something emails”.

I think he gets indicted for the documents case between Thanksgiving and Christmas. How lucky we are that he stole the documents, the sedition case is much harder to convict on in my view.

So, basically, no consequences whatsoever. (I say this because it suits his narrative to not hold office—no responsibilities!—but have it be beyond his control. I also say this because I’m not confident he could actually win another election, anyway.)

Also, wouldn’t this be something one could challenge as “unusual punishment” ? I know the Constitution says both cruel and unusual, but it seems to be interpreted as “cruel OR unusual” most of the time.

Which is why I’d consider the ideal outcome the death penalty for treason* – because it’s the only one a GOP president couldn’t pardon away.

(*Yes, I know all the reasons this isn’t going to happen. Don’t bother dragging them out again.)

Sure they could. Commute it to time served.

No, I meant once the sentence has been carried out.