Does Trump get indicted?

For that cunning plan to work, you’f have to have two decades of Democratic presidents.

Here Lies Donald J Trump

“I Beg Your Pardon”

In all seriousness though, while espionage violations can bring the death penalty (see the Rosenbergs) I agree with you that it’s an extremely unlikely outcome.

It’s not gonna happen. Not a chance in a million. But it’s the only way to stop the next GOP president from setting him free.

There have been a lot of developments in US death penalty law since the Rosenbergs were executed a mere two years after conviction and sentencing.

If Trump were (1) convicted and (2) sentenced to death (huge “if” on # 2 there), there is no way that he would be executed before a Republican president were elected.

Heck, a death sentence for Trump might help a Republican president to get elected in the next cycle.

I wonder. If a person is sentenced to death by execution, and then elected to the Presidency…

~Max

He’d do a better job than any live Republican would.

Talk about a lame duck!!!

So, let us think this out. Let us assume first a Federal conviction and deal. trumpski would need a Presidential pardon. So 2024- either the Dems win or the GOP does DeSantis, say. If the Dems win- no pardon. If DeSantis etc wins, then sure he can pardon trumpski. But if he does, he will maybe face trumpski in the 2028 primaries. Would he want to do that? Besides trumpski will be 82? years old by then.

Okay, so it is a NY state conviction. How long before NY gets a Republican Governor?

Sedition carries that penalty, and IIRC so does one of the Record keeping violations.

Probably not within Trump’s lifetime.

What makes you so sure he’s ever going to die?

At this point I’m not sure that he didn’t already die, and everything I see now is just old footage and deepfakes.

But yeah, who knows. Maybe he’ll weasel out of dying and get some lacky to die for him.

“The Grim Reaper came up to me, tears coming from his empty eye sockets, and said ‘Sir…’.”

So maybe transformed into a lich?

As a long term D&D player, I know Giuliani is some sort of undead.

But trumpski isn’t smart enuf to became a lich.

Moderating:

After lengthy discussion in the mod loop, we’ve decided to permanently revoke @UltraVires’s posting privileges. This is based on the following formal warnings, together with numerous mod notes.

1-week suspension from @What_Exit in December 2020 for trolling in Café Society.

Warning from @puzzlegal in April 2021 for taking political potshots in an MPSIMS thread.

Warning and one-day suspension from @What_Exit in April 2021 for trolling in P&E.

Warning from @What_Exit on April 24, 2022, for thread derailment with straw man arguments in GD.

Warning and one-day suspension from @Aspenglow on November 2, 2022, earlier in this thread for violating our rule against sexualizing posters and their arguments. This warning could just as readily have been given for raising another straw man argument that resulted in a thread derailment, because no one in the thread had in any way indicated they would be gratified at the idea of Trump being raped in prison. Further, a warning could have been given for the successful thread derailment. The thread was about whether Trump will be indicted, not whether anyone would feel pleasure if Trump is raped in prison.

This is a protracted course of conduct we seem unable to influence in a positive way despite many attempts. For these reasons, this permanent ban is imposed.

This is the week that Lula again won in Brazil, despite having been in prison after his presidency.

And this is week that Netanyahu won while on trial.

Making TFG into a right-wing martyr seems to me, as someone who doesn’t want to again live under an autocratic President, quite unlucky.

Donald will probably be indicted. And he will probably do a Cleveland.

What is a Cleveland?

I’m guessing he means … elected to Split Terms like …

Aaah. That makes more sense than a reference to a river fire or a steamer.

I think the term wanted is Grover Trump.