Breaking News: U.S. Capitol building on lockdown [Attempt to drive car into]

You messed up the nature of the thread. This was supposed to be an angry white male Trump supporter and when that was “confirmed” it would have been a 100 reply pile on. Your reply does not fit in with the standards of the board.

The guy seems to have been your typical paranoid schizophrenic type.

I’d have to say that rushing the United States Capitol building, or any state’s capitol for that matter, is a great way now to commit “suicide by cop”.

He thought the CIA and FBI were using mind control on him.

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Political jabs aren’t allowed in MPSIMS breaking news threads. And there’s already been a mod note about that in this thread. That’s a warning. And please stay out of this thread.

This topic was automatically opened after 8 hours.

Insert louis farrakhan, covid, unemployment, diminution of fruit, unknowing intake of drugs, and rising national debtt here.

Facebook page of Noah the X Green.

I can’t diagnose from afar, but he does sound like someone who had paranoid schizophrenia.

I’m always (shamefully) disappointed that crackpots who believe in the most convoluted conspiracies are so unimaginative when it comes to finally taking some kind of action. The US Capitol is so January, 2021. I’m kinda nostalgic for the days of crashing a train into a navy hospital ship.

Heck, a similar sort of incident – disturbed person trying to ram car through the barriers, gets taken down by Police – had already happened some years before. It rattles more nerves now because of the proximity to the January violence but is within what would have been considered a predictable risk.

Why were the officers in front of the barricade? Had he stopped and they came around it to check ID or something? If you stand in front of the barricade that removes it’s usefulness as cover from things just like this.

Since I am not a professional qualified to diagnose, either on the internet or in real life, I prefer the phrase “dude has some serious issues”.

Issues? Dude had a subscription!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Most likely. They would at least have come around as soon as they saw him turning the corner, but more probably were there already. The pop-up barrier is set back a distance about 4, maybe, car lengths from Constitution Avenue (picture) Police would be forward in that space to identify and check out vehicles and pedestrians that turn in from the avenue, so they can signal to the person behind to lower the barrier if it’s authorized.

I’ve done my share of time doing barricade duty, and it would be a bad idea to have both your people in front of the barricade. The barricade is there to protect you also. Ideally, both officers should have stayed behind the barrier until the car came to a complete stop. Then one of them could come around the barrier on the drivers side to check ID. At no point should either officer be in front of the car, stopped or not. I’m having a hard time understanding hoe this guy even got out of his car, much less stabbed an officer before he was shot. This situation is what the guards were there for in the first place.

Except on January 6, of course, and you’re with thousands of other “protesters.”

The vast majority of people coming to that checkpoint are friendly. That might have led to some complacency.

Patriots. Remember that’s what those folks call themselves.