Shooting Outside U.S. Capitol

Title says it all, really. http://www.nytimes.com/news/fiscal-crisis/2013/10/03/reports-of-shooter-outside-capitol/

No details yet. Hope nobody is hurt and they catch the shooter quickly.

It sounds like it was a car chase that happened to end at the capitol.

I wonder if anyone’s buttholes puckered at the thought of a live shooter scenario in response to the shutdown.

Sounds like it was a car chase that started elsewhere and ended at the Capitol. Probably nothing to do with recent politics.

Well, don’t you know that the liberal media will use this to demonize high powered automatic transmission cars.

“Close, lock and stay away from external doors and windows. Take annunciators, emergency supply kits and escape hoods; and move to your office’s assigned shelter in place location or the innermost part of the office away from external doors or windows.”

What is an “annunciator”? Or an “escape hood”?

annunciator is a bell, or light. (I Googled it) :slight_smile:

Escape hood.

I know, but in that context?

I wouldn’t say it was unrelated. The shooter (or someone involved) apparently tried to ram the White House gates, which resulted in the chase.

I bet it was a Jehovah’s Witness who thought arming herself would answer the next smug homeowner with a gun.

Maybe meaning grab the portable device issued to convey important messages and take it with you so we can signal you the all-clear.

Cell phone?

Think more along the lines of a homing beacon, if you’re passed out in a smoke-filled building so that people can find your unconscious body.

Here’s the latest from CNN:

There are also reports that the car tried to crash through the gates at the White House. Not sure about the veracity of that yet though.

Other thread here. These should probably be merged.

I checked the NY Daily News website a few minutes ago, and as far as I can tell, it’s not actually clear that the driver of the car fired a gun at all, or even if she had a gun. The shots fired may all have been fired by police trying to stop her.

Last galloping chiron I just saw said exactly that. “All shots were fired by police”. Oh, fuck.

I have a bad feeling about this. Lets all hope this was a real security threat, not just a lost or confused driver…

She would have had to have been REALLY lost and confused. Just saw the video of her initial confrontation. Uniformed cops all around her car, and she chooses to ram the car behind her, and then speed away, running a couple of them over in the process.

Not the behaviour of a normal person.

At this point I’m going to guess she was disturbed in some way, (Divorce trauma? Postpartum depression?) but this was not any kind of political act.