Does Trump Think That He Will Be Welcomed In The UK?

It may possibly be confirmation bias, but I hardly ever read anything complimentary about him personally or his policies. The only exception seems to be that he handled China less badly than expected.

Theresa May has said (again) that she will not withdraw the invitation, even after he re-tweeted some videos from a far-right (neo-nazi) group over here. Many people here, of all colours and religions, will want to demonstrate their disapproval. If I could arrange it I would have crowds lining the streets with their backs (and possibly bare arses) to him. What will happen is noisy and possibly violent demonstrations that will prove to him that the Islamists are taking over, which is very far from the truth.

It would be a very good idea if he were to have a ‘diplomatic illness’ that prevented the visit.

No he won’t be welcomed generally. I’m sure there will be loud and embarrassing demonstrations (though I’m not sure embarrassment is part of his makeup)

He pretty much universally despised and ridiculed in the UK, there may be pockets of people that don’t mind him but it is a minority position.

I hope there are enough demonstrations that his lie (“people in England love me so much, it’s amazing. They love me. So much”) will be easily ridiculed.

If the invitation is not rescinded, he will go just to be an asshole.

Poor Royal family, they have to smile and shake hands with … him…

The female members may well need to make sure they hang on to his hand. That way they’ll know what it’s doing.

What about the other hand?

One of the remarkable things about this loathsome creature is that ridicule of his stupidity, incompetence and immaturity seems to have no lasting effect on him. He may tweet something negative about the source of the ridicule, but he won’t otherwise acknowledge it. Fear of ridicule doesn’t seem to guide his actions.

Unfortunately, he’ll be that whether he goes or not.

Didn’t the Queen keep her gloves on when she shook hands with some Irish guy she didn’t like?

Part of Trump’s campaign was that America was getting killed on trade deals and he would negotiate better deals. The fact that foreigners don’t like him will be seen by his base as proof that he is getting tough with them. One of the nice things about the Revolution is that American leaders don’t need to care what the English think of them.

I suspect it’s a pretty big deal for a PM to withdraw an invitation to a head of state, even more so if they’re a close ally.

Hopefully something can be done and the whole thing gets kicked into the long grass.

Kate had better watch her backside. I think the Queen and Camilla are safe.

And foreigners not liking him will also mean that we’ll continue to get bad trade deals. This whole “negotiation” and “deal-making” thing is a foreign concept to him.

Sure, but people won’t believe that.

“Country X is mad because we are getting better trade deals with Trump!”

“I just made the greatest, most pro-America trade deal with Country X, because we’ve made America great again!”

(Trade deal is actually pretty shitty)

“Fake news! This trade deal is the bestest, most greatest trade deal in the history of trade deals! #MAGA!”

This guy seems to have a great take on it. (You may need a Facebook account to see it) Damn, I love his style!

Trump will be well-received by the UK government because flattery gets you everywhere with him.He will get the same President+ package that he got in Asia, and as long as somebody can tell him that he’s getting specialer treatment than Obama he’ll be happy.

The Uk government will take steps to limit his exposure to protests. His people will downplay any public protests that he doesn’t see, and any news reports that give airtime to said protests will be dismissed as Fake News.

Fear of ridicule from whom? You? The lame stream media has been advocating for every rumor that anyone has ever started, if it includes something/anything negative concerning Trump. (Yawn) While it’s been relatively easy to convince the Democrat collective, and possibly the foreign press, that all rumors concerning Trump must be true, the vote totals suggest that it’s Republicans who actually control both Houses of Congress, the Whitehouse, most state Governorships, and most of the state legislatures. It’s the lame stream media who seems to be out of touch with the voters. As bob++ suspects, “It may possibly be confirmation bias, but I hardly ever read anything complimentary about him personally or his policies”.

Will there be demonstrations against Trump’s visit to the U.K.? Probably. Will there be people who are happy that the President of the U.S. is making an appearance in the U.K.? I suspect there will some of those, also. Should Trump be afraid of the verbalized thoughts of the usual mob of Hillary-worshipping, GroupThink-demanding, rumor-mongering, alleged-reporters? I believe Trump’s decision is obvious, - better luck next time, haters

By and large Trump is seen as a racist moron over in this part of the world, I doubt the word “welcome” will apply should he ever actually go to the Uk.

Would there be demonstrations though? No doubt there will always be a few people out shouting but I can’t see there being any big anti-Trump protest or anything like that, people just don’t care enough.

Depends what his itinerary is I guess. If he just goes from the airport to meet whoever then I doubt there would be much excitement, but if he was to actually schedule any public appearances in busy areas it might be a very different story.

I predict he comes back and says “What a great welcome! Everybody was flashing me the peace sign!”