Doh Finding A New Job Is So Hard

I was made redundant two weeks ago on Wednesday. I worked though an agency for a company as a PA to the Director for one year.

It has now been two weeks and all I seem to do is fill in application forms.

Any ideas. ??? I need the money am running out fast. The bills still need to get paid.

ANy advice would be welcome.

:stuck_out_tongue:

No ideas here. Got laid off 14 months ago… and still looking. :frowning:

Sure, I could find a job in ten minutes, but working at McD’s or Safeway isn’t going to pay the bills.

Laid off for three weeks, here.

One bad sign from yesterday: I was in WallMart to buy some more resume paper, and they were all out! Talk about an abysmal measure of the economy.

I was unemployed for four months - my biggest advantage was that I was willing to move anywhere in the country. Had I kept looking in Alabama, I’d not have found much.

Now I get to live in Denver and see the Rockies from my desk. :slight_smile: Woo!

Ahem, sorry for the celebration there. My advice is make use of every job search engine you can, network among groups with like interests, and - if possible - be open to relocation (possibly at your own expense).

Have you considered applying to a temporary help agency? Besides finding short term jobs in a hurry, many companies hire temps to full time positions if they like their work. Hope this helps, good luck to everyone.