Thank you, I’m writing a paper about historical revisionism and this will make a fine addition.
Marc
Thank you, I’m writing a paper about historical revisionism and this will make a fine addition.
Marc
[QUOTE=Polycarp]
May I submit Wisdom 19:39 into evidence? Granted it’s Diaspora Judaism, not accepted as part of the Tanakh – but it’s clearly evilution in Scripture! ![]()
[/QUOTE]
I think you meant Wisdom 19:19:
[QUOTE=Wisdom of Solomon (NRSV)]
For land animals were transformed into water creatures, and creatures that swim moved over to the land.
[/QUOTE]
Interesting! Now I’m glad I found a use for those pesky Apocrypha in my NRSV.
There’s a part of me that wants to go and start trying to debate the yahoos behind that website. Or at least start debating the politicians using this website as a reference.
Then I realize that I’d be only frustrating myself.
Why is the stupid so strong?
Apparently they evolved from a race of giant lizards…
Hear ther truth our tongues are telling!
Spread ther light from shore to shore!
God has given Man a dwelling
Flat, and flat for evermore.
When from Earth ther floods retreated,
When ther deeps were undesigned,
He with rule and level meted
Habitation for Mankind!
–Rudyard Kipling, The Village That Voted The Earth Was Flat
I think you mean Ther Village That Voted Ther Earth Was Flat.
[QUOTE=Tapioca Dextrin]
Darwin
The similarity is astounding!
[/QUOTE]
especially because you have the link labels reversed
:dubious: is was that all part of the plan? ![]()
ok yeah someone beat me to that. pheh.
[QUOTE=appleciders]
That website this GA representative cited is a hoot! Here we have indisputable proof that the stars move around the earth and not the other way around. Or something.
Oh, and it’s appalling that these people are in government.
[/QUOTE]
what’s even more appalling is when you realize that outside of major metropolitan areas*, most Americans think that way.
I find it interesting that many Christian folks seem to forget that most of the Bible had already been in existance for centuries before anyone started writing about Jesus
And how they can twist “Thou Shalt Not Kill” into “Thou mayest kill anyone who believes differently than you”
*and most of Southern Florida
[QUOTE=anyrose]
:dubious: is was that all part of the plan? ![]()
[/QUOTE]
It’s all part of my fiendish international conspiracy. If only I was Jewish, there’d be no stopping me ![]()
[QUOTE=Beware of Doug]
I think you mean Ther Village That Voted Ther Earth Was Flat.
[/QUOTE]
No, I wrote what I meant. Kipling often spells bucolic speech phonetically, but the title of the short story wasn’t in the mouth of a yokel.
The story’s quite funny: the protagonists, to put one over on a country squire who (wearing his magistrate’s hat) has stitched them up for a motoring offence, expose him to public mockery by persuading his pet village to vote for the flatness of the planet in a public meeting at which the speechifying is helped along by a generous allowance of free beer. It becomes a national nine-day wonder, including at one point a visit from the genuine Flat Earth Society who are tearfully grateful and singing hymns over the supposed enlightenment of the villagers. This is the occasion for the mischief-maker in chief to watch in stunned amazement, kicking himself for not thinking of bringing hymn-sheets and a portable harmonium on the original visit.
/hijack
Fucking communists.
[QUOTE=Terrifel]
This is exactly what happens with multiple conspiracies for conspiracy’s sake: pretty soon it’s impossible to remember who’s supposed to be conspiring against who.
[/QUOTE]
The people at the center of the conspiracy know. Their big problem is finding new conspiratorial talent. To that end they set the Rothschilds against the Trotskys and watch it like a preseason scrimmage. Those are just practice conspiracies. The real conspiracy would totally blow your mind, man.
As a Georgia native, I can explain it to you.
This particular elected dumbass is from Cleveland, Georgia.
Cleveland, Georgia is the world-famous home of the ‘Cabbage Patch Kids’ dolls.
Apparently, at some point, the Cabbage Patch Kids secured the right to vote in Cleveland elections.
This is the kind of elected representatative you get when your head is filled with sawdust.
I love the way the site tries to “explain” geo-synchronous satellites… Seems they’re kept in the air by electro-magnetic phenomena (or something).
[QUOTE=Diogenes the Cynic]
Well we can’t have our children being taught ancient Jewish Creation scenarios in public school science classes. We better teach them Genesis instead.
[/QUOTE]
You, my friend, owe me a new keyboard. Diet coke everywhere. ![]()
Chisum is taking heat over it in Texas:
You think so, huh?
Me personally, I’d have thought you would have “recognized” that the memo you circulated was from a kookpot website because of the repeated use of italics (as well as nonsensical use of parentheses and bold script), misplaced "quotation marks, " and excessive underlining and punctuation!!! (Is a stentorian Eureka! in order here?!)
If anyone’s interested, link to blog with links to his memo
You know, I am so sick and tired of politicians trying to wriggle out of messes by claiming, “I didn’t read it carefully enough!”
Bullshit. That’s a child’s excuse. If you’re going to put something out under your name, you better make sure it’s checked six ways to Sunday. You don’t do your credibility any favors by claiming to be ignorant of the facts.
hmmm.
He still hasn’t learned to vet his output.
[QUOTE=Freddy the Pig]
Will Darwin’s Finch have to rename himself as Pharisees’ Finch?
[/QUOTE]
I think I prefer Christ-hating Pharisee Kabbalist Occultist’s Finch…
[QUOTE=appleciders]
That website this GA representative cited is a hoot! Here we have indisputable proof that the stars move around the earth and not the other way around. Or something.
[/QUOTE]
Science help me, but I searched in vain for anything on that page to indicate that it was a parody.
Ah well. At least I don’t live in Geor… oh. Shit.