DopeFest - Melbourne, Australia!

That “Dope” sign should say “Dope Here”. That’ll have more shock value :slight_smile:

I think I’m still too new for the Dopefests… maybe the next one around…

There’s no such thing as “too new for Dopefests” - ya just gotta jump in. It’s like the first swim in the spring - you know the water’s cold, but it’s just easier to jump all the way in. Seriously, it is! :smiley:

Seconded, heartily. You can’t judge a Doper by the number of posts he/she has under their belt. It’s not set up like that. It’s a community of people for caring and sharing ideas, and asking questions. I hope you go, Latch! And I hope you’ll post about the wonderful time you will have had.

(Did I just use future perfect tense?? Damn! I haven’t lost the touch after all! ;))

Quasi

Saturday, October 18th, Flinders Station, under the ‘Dope Here’ sign (and flailing police batons)…

…but when? High noon? Late supper? The stroke of midnight?

L.

Stroke of midnight sounds good :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously how about 1pm - that gives everyone time to wake up and get into the city.

Next question is what should we do?

Boo Boo Foo my parents live in Runaway Bay so I could always use visiting them as an excuse to attend a Gold Coast DopeFest. :slight_smile:

works for me, I’ll be the one behind the camera.

as for what we should do, is anyone else thinking beer?

Well, duh.

What else would we be thinking? :cool:

well Bucky, leechy is likely thinking boobies.

:wink:

Markillie’s should be about our level of sophistication I reckon!

:smiley:

(Actually, is Markillie’s still around?? For those not familiar with Melbourne Drinking Establishments, M’s was the very bottom of the ladder, catering to the hard-core alcoholic and homeless client. Their ‘top shelf’ selection was flagons of Sweet Sherry and Royal Reserve port. None of that fancy stuff for them!!)

Beer where?

Should we do something to make ourselves thirsty before beer?

Anyone interested in some cultcha? A visit to the gallery in Fed. Square?

we could go look at Chloe in Y & Js Leechy. Art, boobies and beer in one.

Thylacine you know me too well :stuck_out_tongue:

ps - can you head over to G’Dope and take a look at my website trauma thread. I may need your expert advice.

Latch we would love to meet you.

If you can’t make it to Melbourne would you like to go to BendiDope in Bendigo? I’m not sure if Bendigo is any closer to Geelong (Victorian geography isn’t my strong point).

Either way come along and I promise to protect you from the newbie eating dopers :slight_smile:

Tease, I get there and you already have it fixed.

redundant I am, redundant!

Awww. NOT FAIR Leechy. You KNOW that the newbies are the sweetest and most tender. Can’t I have just one?

Please?

Back off Kam!

Besides don’t you remember how much nicer the last newbie tasted after being marinated in beer for a few hours. :stuck_out_tongue:

we need no newbies, Bubbaleechie is almost legal size for BBQing.

I bags a drumstick.

(and she self marinates)

I would very much visit with Y’all by telephone, if such a thing could be arranged. If Y’all will get back to me with a certain time, we could arrange for me to call and I can say G’Day to the lot of you little heathens.

What do Y’all think? Let me know, okay?

Q