Doper Palikia will die soon.

I dunno if I shoud go ahead and post this. I was really close to asking for my account to be suspended.

My mother, known here as Palikia has been having what could be described as “Liver trouble” for a few months now. She underwent a TIPS procedure back at the end of July, something that really just qualifies a a sort of liver bypass. That work has given out.

Last Monday, I accompanied her to the hospital in my taxi driver mode, to she could get set up for yet another outpatient tap of her fluid-engorged belly. One thing that was kinda scary: Her blood pressure at one point during the visit was 84/39.

She was pretty much there, we talked about some local news, and she admired the way i had made my NDS into an ebook reader. She spent the night at home, and was able to go back to the hospital on Tuesday for the procedure. It all went to shit that day.

She’s not going to leave the hospital. 4 transfusions later, and she’s still yellow as a school bus. That’s not the bad thing-- It’s called Hepatic Encephalopathy, and the easy version is that her brain has begun to sort of steep in poison like a teabag in hot water.

Palikia’s gone. She smiled at one point when I kissed her forehead, but beyond that she no longer responds to anything. Her kidneys officaly went off-line this afternoon. I’m at home for one reason. We talked about it, and this is what she wants. She watched her own mother die, and I think it started the process that finally ended up killing her.
If you are one of those folks who like sending things, you can do the email thing here: Patty Fisher, room 606.
I’m posting this now, 'cause I’m not sure if I’ll be back online for a while, and the fact that whatever is living in the hospital right now isn’t my Mom anymore. I miss her.

Theres more. But not right now.

Darth Nader, thank you so much for sharing the news. I wish I knew what to say, but of course there’s nothing really to say. I am sorry for your loss.

My sympathies to you, your mom, and your family. :frowning:

My deepest sympathies. You and your mom are in my thoughts.
R

I’m very sorry.

One more.

Ivam sorry. :frowning:

(((((Darth Nader)))))

(((((Palikia)))))

Darth Nader, my extreme condolences and sympathy. Palikia didn’t post much, but she will still be missed. I remember a few of her posts and she always struck me as being a swell kind of person.

I don’t know either of you, so all I can offer is my sympathy. I’m so sorry.

I really can’t type it all out.

When your liver fails, everything else goes pretty damn quickly.

Her mind is already gone. In my head, she died sometime Thursday. Understand? She’s in a coma now, her brain soaking in poison, kidneys and liver shot.

I checked her house on Tuesday, and here’s either the coolest thing you’ve ever read, or the most awful: An open bottle of wine and a half full glass. In my opinion, it’s suicide. But a painless way to go.

With a broken liver, that means yer drunk for the rest of your life. She’s in no pain, and sorta smiled when i kissed her forehead tonight.

I should really step away. Sorry.

I don’t know either of you, so all I can offer is my sympathy. I’m so sorry.

No, wait, I’m not sorry. I feel your pain, but she knows what’s coming and seems to have accepted it. I’m happy for her, and I wish you all the best in dealing with this until you (hopefully) meet again!

She’s remembering and thinking of the good things! She’s so happy! Don’t you dare be sad!

No, she killed herself. But I’m dealing with that. Thanks.

Regardless, she chose her path.

True, and that’s why I posting this tonight. It may take a day or three for her to starve to death, and I’m really not looking forward to that. And I think I’m still a bit angry at her, damn it.

Thanks, EmAnj, and everyone else.

I’m so sorry. I watched my mother die in an ICU just about nine months ago. There aren’t words.

I hope it’s painless and peaceful for her.

I’m very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this terrible sadness. My condolences and wishes of peace to you and your loved ones.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Hugs to you and Palikia, Darth Nader.

It’s so very hard to see one’s mother go, especially when she’s still young and has had a warm, strong personality. I liked the anecdote about the wine and glass.

Be sure that she’s been given enough major painkillers so that she doesn’t suffer. Insist.

Take care of yourself too and your family.