Dorky Movie

Has anyone seen the movie “The New Guy”? OMG it is sooo stoopid! Of course I have to laugh at it. I’m too lazy to get up and go downstairs to watch tv where we have Sattelite. It’s like 2 degrees here and I have no intention of going outside. They are spoofing “Braveheart” at a football game in the movie. Bwahh haaaa!
No point in this thread, just had to do it! :smiley:

Is it a “way too stupid, avoid like the plague” kind of movie, or “stupid and worth a laugh at it” kind of movie?

I’d say “stupid and worth a laugh at it” kind. It’s on channel 71 out here in blizzard land. Nothing else is on regular tv on my tube in the bedroom, only have sattelite downstairs in both living rooms. Gotta have background noise when I’m on the puter. :smiley:

Heh. I’m kinda like that sometimes, too. Have the telly on, half-volume, just for something to switch my eyes to now and then. Sounds like that movie will be headed down here at some point. They usually do - I’ll watch out for it.

I watched “Bubble Boy” late at night once. Mainly for the background noise, like you. I ended up watching it, because it was so bizarre it was entertaining. :slight_smile:

OMFG! According to the IMDB Jai Rodriguez from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy is in the movie as the drag queen/prisoner. Of course I fell asleep during some of it…Tommy Lee is in it too. Too funny. My eldest had a friend spend the night and they were up all friggin’ night! It was worth many laughs tho. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hear you! The movie came out in 2002, just an FYI. I am so jelous that you are in New Zeland! I would love to travel there some day but for now watching the travel channel and dreaming of it at night will have to suffice. :frowning:

My spelling sucks! I meant to say New Zealand! my fingers don’t wanna work! Sorry! :smack:

No worries about the spelling, I know what you meant. Hey, if ever you do come down this way, breeze on through Auckland and let me know. I’ll treat you to a coffee or something (here we’d say “shout you a coffee”, but I figure you’d probably wonder why I’d yell about a drink.) :wink: :slight_smile:

I would love that! :wink:

Dear, if you upgrade to (and use) Firefox 2.0, it has a built in spell-check. :wink:

It even knows how to spell “New Zealand”? Cool. I use FF 2.0, must find out where that’s hiding.

I see your *New Guy * and raise you Beer Fest.

The ads that were out for it screamed “Awful, horrible flik! Avoid at all cost.”

My husband rented it. That’s grounds for divorce.

Beer Fest sounds like something my SO would watch. Thanks for the warning! :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno…I got a major kick out of Kyle. Kyle and the Giant Underpants. Almost sounds like the title of a children’s book, doesn’t it?

Mouse_Spouse rented The Covenant. He’s barred from Netflix now. :smiley:

OMG!!! I’m glad I was the one who went to Blockbuster yesterday to get movies. :smiley:
Who knows what Mr. Badkitty would’ve come home with. I rented the “Banditas” (sp)? and that was pretty bad. :smack:

I’m sorry - Eliza Dushku Totally makes that movie worth watching.

:smiley:

(the slightly ‘dim’ blonde cheerleader is pretty damn hot too.)

The movie was stupid funny, it knew it was stupid funny and had fun with being stupid funny. It would be best viewed late at night, slightly drunk or on meds.

Also Eliza Dushku Totally makes that movie worth watching. :smiley:

Jim

Watched it last night. The villian, the good guy, and his two buddies all look freaking alike. Dark clothes, brown/black hair, boyish good looks. I wished they looked a little different, or at least had name tags. :slight_smile:

At the begining, Mouse_Spouse thought that the Dim Blonde would be a major player in the plot. “In this movie? No way. She’s a worm for the hook.” I was right. :smiley:

I love THE NEW GUY- “crazy eyes”, Henry Rollins getting the prison tattoo while the warden takes a phone call, the triple “Who’s the Biyotch now?” punch-out,
seeing a young Zooey Deschanel, and the Dim Blond helping the fat black kid
REALLY understand rock’n’roll…
Also Eliza Dushku Totally makes that movie worth watching. :smiley: