[Dr. Horrible] Something new from Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion & Neil Patrick Harris

Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog is a 40 minute, 3 part musical produced for the internet, telling the story of a low-rent supervillain [Neil Patrick Harris How I Met Your Mother], the hero [Nathan Fillion Firefly/Serenity, Desperate Housewives] who keeps beating him up, and the cute girl [Felicia Day Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Guild] from the laundromat he’s too shy to talk to. The movie was written by Joss Whedon [Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Toy Story] and his brothers Zack Whedon, Jed Whedon and Jed’s fiancée, Maruissa Tancharoen.

The writing team penned the musical during the WGA Writer’s Strike (they weren’t writing for a studio)

The episodes will air on the website www.drhorrible.com as follows:

Part 1 - Tuesday July 15
Part 2 - Thursday July 17
Part 3 - Saturday July 19

These episodes will “air” online only until July 20. Following that they will be made available for download at a “nominal fee” and in the near future available to buy on a very special DVD “with the finest and bravest extras in all the land”.

**In explaining how the musical came out of the WGA Strike, Joss Whedon says: **

* [Digg This](http://digg.com/television/Official_Website_for_Dr_Horrible_s_Sing_Along_Blog)
* [Joss Whedon Post on Whedonesque](http://whedonesque.com/comments/16734#236716)
* [The Official Website & “Air” Location](http://drhorrible.com)
* [The Official Fan Website with lots of info](http://doctorhorrible.net)

Okay, I am officially peeing myself! Thanks for the head’s up, I’m emailing the links to every person I know right now…

I just wanna lick Nathan Fillion from his cute widdle forehead to his probably not there because he’s American fore… never mind, that was my out loud voice again, wasn’t it? :smack:

:smiley: happydance :smiley:

hahah, yeah, I’m a bit of a fan of Nathan myself, have had the pleasure of meeting him on a couple of occassions and he’s as nice a person as you ever could meet!

Yes, spread the word far and wide - the world needs to see this! This could be ground breaking in the world of entertainment…

Don’t get your hopes up. FOX will still figure out a way to have it cancelled before the last episode is “aired.” :smiley:

haha, but that’s the beauty of this! There’s no studio to cancel it - that’s the whole point - to cut out the studio and have the creators providing stuff directly to the viewers… I really hope this works out - it really could chage the future direction of entertainment and provide the viewers with more choice about what they want instead of having to just take what they’re given.

But isn’t Neil Patrick Harris dead?!? I mean, he got shot in Harold & Khumar 2!! I saw it! I know I did!!

S^G :smiley:

Someone didn’t stay through the credits.

Act 1 of Doctor Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog starts in just over an hour! You’ll be avle to view it for free at www.drhorrible.com (more info on www.doctorhorrible.net )

That was awesome, thanks for the tip. I even got my musical-hating (but Firefly-loving) boyfriend to watch with me and we loved it. :smiley:

That was fantastic. I can’t wait to watch the rest!

spread the word far and wide - tell everyone you know about it…

unfortunately, it’s not available to those outside the USA right now but I’m hoping something will be done about that while it’s still online for free (until the 20th) - otherwise I’ll just have to wait for the DVD - which is going to be awesome anyway - lots of unique extras - including I think a musical commentary!

OK, that is pretty far strange. Though I imagine I will watch the rest of it.

Thanks for the thread, I came here immediately after watching. It took some work, since I’m in Canada, but it can be done my international friends.

That was most incredible. Of course, I could just have my Whedon coloured glasses on - you know, the ones where everything Joss does is shiny and wonderful. I cannot wait for the next part, and look forward to paying to download when the time comes. My only complaint? Not enough Fillion. Loved Neil though - I’m happy to welcome him to the fan-obsessed whedonverse.

Yes, they are working on making it available internationally - it was always their intention for it to be available outside the USA but obviously something went wrong and they’re fixing it.

HotSpot Shield works though if anyone outside the USA doesn’t want to wait till it’s fixed

Just an update to say that the issues have been resolved and Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog Act 1 can now be viewed outside the USA www.drhorrible.com

Hmmm…Aleq…are you aware of the Firefly outtakes reel? The one where we can see an absolutely beautiful shot of Mr. Fillion’s glorious glutei? If you haven’t, google /Fillion naked/ (not at work!)…absolutely the most beautiful butt I’ve ever seen!

Just watched part I- that was awesome!

glad people are enjoying this - spread the word - the better the response, the more chance of something more like this in the future!

Site performance is poor. They must be getting hammered.

Boo.

I just sent it to my husband and 13 year old son.

It was really awesome.