Drugs: What a Rush

Either my search skills suck, or I’m the first one to bring up this topic in a thread of it’s own. I’m speaking, of course, of the allegations that Rush Limbaugh illegally purchased and abused prescription drugs.

I figured it might be best to start a new thread on this as it’s wholly unrelated to his ESPN controversy deal.

Also, I figured The Pit was the best place for this because … I just felt like putting it here.

Anyway, I wrote a little something about it in my own journal, and I don’t really feel like retyping it all, but I think it is valid commentary, so Captain Cut-n-Paste I am:
So there’s the new story that Rush Limbaugh is under investigation for illegally purchasing prescription drugs, and abusing them. So far he has no comment, neither directly nor through his lawyers.

Now I am no Rush Limbaugh fan, not by a longshot, but this all sounds a little off to me. I think I’m going to wait to see where the shit shakes loose before I go tearing him a new asshole over this. For one thing, if it is true, I’d like to think I’m better than to make light of anyone’s drug problem. But, yes, I do see the irony of the situation, and if it all comes out to be true and he waffles and blubbers and all that, then yes, his reputation and previous comments should probably be held up for scrutiny and juxtaposition to the situation.

BUT … First of all, you have him freshly shooting him self in the foot, which was in his mouth at the time, which makes him ripe for further attacks.
Secondly, the allegations in this article seem to me to be a tad far-fetched. The whole, “Can your husband spare a few” and “you’d better get me some more!!” and her willingness to go along with it all and the “if this gets out I’m ruined” … I don’t know. It doesn’t sit right. It sounds very scripted.

But the other thing that got me was this: “She also gave the Enquirer a ledger documenting how many pills she claimed to have bought for him - 4,350 in one 47-day period.”

4,350 pills is not a lot of drugs to buy … if you’re a dealer. If you’re a user … what the fuck are you going to do with that? That would be more than 11 heavy duty pain pills every day over the course of a full year to go through the stash. Unless he was hoarding them in some irrational drug-addled state, it just doesn’t make sense. If he was as constantly doped up as the story seems to make out, he’d never be able to function.

I don’t know. It’s all odd. I think I’ll wait for the facts before I really jump his shit.

Yes, this is me sort of defending Rush Limbaugh. Weird isn’t it?

What do you think?

I’m reserving judgment, too. I don’t trust the National Enquirer and even though CNN picked up the story, I don’t always trust them, either.

The details you’ve provided make the story seem all the more unlikely.

4350 Oxy’s would be a lot, even for a dealer.

All I have to say is fuck that bloated piece of shit.

See.
Aren’t you glad I put this in the Pit?

Hey, if Rush Limbaugh is a drug addict, then my respect for him just doubled.

I do agree with the OP btw.

Maybe he took all the drugs to repair his hearing.

::rimshot::

Nothing major on his website: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html, but take a look at the ad banner.

Q

Hell, my respect for him grew a thousand-fold. One thousnd time zero is still zero right?

OTOH, the allegations are pretty specific and detailed, and contain verifiable elements (most notably the wire). Also, Rush did not deny the charges in his statement - I think this might be a bit telling.

Well, I would not be surprised if he takes a sudden “leave of absence” to enter treatment someplace. If he’s actually using that much oxycodone, he’s hooked thru the bag.

Nothing’s proven, though.

This thread makes me want to take painkillers.

*Side effects of OxyContin may include dizzyness, nausea, or an audience that’s split between the two. In clinical studies, racists may develop Big Fat Heads, experiance severe bloating and exibit verbal Diarrhea. Your judgement may be impaired while taking OxyContin. Publishing factually acurate books may be difficult while taking OxyContin. In studies, dry mouth occurred as often as sugar-pill.

DITTO!

If the Enquirer reports it, it MUST be true …

She wore a wire on the last two transactions at the request of the prossecuters. Sounds like a fairly substantial case.

-lv

LordVor: Was that published in a paper that doesn’t print interviews with Elvis’s alien captors?

**Quasimodem ** you just made my day…Very funny. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not if you have a pustulated pilonidal cyst in your ass crack. That’s gotta sting.