Drunken young lawyer burns 9/11 shrine

Is this the shrine Mancow is always ranting about for honouring the Islamic terrorists with the Muslim moon and star?

I don’t think his remark was meant as a broad brush as much as it was a quip designed to point to a very specific and readily identified example of someone who “gets drunk enough to the point where they think putting people in danger is acceptable?”

Hyperbole, if you will. But I could be wrong, Buster Chi Chi may have a thing about all Texans, I dunno.

Not the entire state, just Austin. :wink:

I thought Austin was a normal city that just got transplanted into Texas?

Eh? I thought one of the points of that thread was that people have to take responsibility for their drunk actions as if they were performed sober. Not the same thing. I’m glad to see that he appears to be doing that.

At the meeting, they’ll think he was some other guy who set fire to a 9/11 shrine and had his $150K job offer withdrawn.

Wingnut central. :smiley:

$150,000? Sidley Austin must have fallen upon hard times, like so many law firms in New York these days. A couple of years ago, the starting salary at even a medium-sized firm was at least $160,000, often more, and often (at least at big firms) accompanied by a sizeable signing bonus, along with year-end bonuses, too.

<MR ROGERS>Now, boys & girls, here is the story of a man. A man from Texas. He saw a birdy. A very pretty birdy.
And then, he drove a $1,000,000 Bugatti Veyron into a swamp.</MR ROGERS>
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091113/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_lagoon_bugatti

He was from Texas.

:smiley:

Well, no. Texans come from there too.

I found this thread accidentally and this is the latest update I could find: Could a Harvard Law Grad Go to Jail for Failing to Pay What He Owes? - Above the Law

Is it wrong of me to think he’s suffered far too much?

What, no actual Harvard educated lawyers are loaning him any money to keep his ass out of jail?

Don’t think the fact that you are providing some pertinent information is going to stop the usual idiots from coming in to post pointless zombie jokes to show how clever they aren’t. They’re like dogs who can’t help tracking mud into the house every time they enter.

Can the usual idiots still come in and post jokes about people posting about the idiots who might come in and post pointless zombie jokes?

But fortunately, you’ve done it so the rest of us are off the hook and can discuss the topic.

Okay, Schroeder’s in some serious debt. For self-inflicted reasons. Why should he expect his parents or his law school buddies to loan him the money to pay off his debts. I think it’s time for Schroader to man up. He should stop waiting until his dream job is offered and take a job that’s available and start earning money to pay off his debts.

(If that’s what floats your boat…)

I might have some sympathy for Schroeder if he had made at least some of the payment, but it seems he hasn’t. Judges are almost always willing to give someone more time for restitution if they demonstrate an effort. He seems to be completely avoiding it.

He already got more of a break than he deserved. 100hrs of community service, seriously? For getting drunk and burning down a Chapel. Since when can you replace a chapel in New York for $180,000? How is that even close to restitution? Huh?

Since he plead guilty does that mean he can’t practice law? If he still gets to pass the bar I’m going to be very disappointed.

I hope he’s forced to go back to court and then to jail. He deserves it in my opinion, the whole 7 years.

Throw his ass in jail and let him rot.

Yes, it is wrong of you to think that. He’s barely suffered at all - no jail time whatsoever. Someone’s got to pay for the property he destroyed - and he seems to be the best candidate. Why should he be let off the hook?

He should be acquitted. If you look at the footage it’s clearly not arson - it’s a controlled demolition.