Duets you wish would (or could have) exist

I was just watching (for the umpteenth time) the music video of Reba McEntire and Dolly Parton doing Rena’s older hit “Does He Love You”. Two queens of country music blending their voices in a duet which, to my mind, presents the spirit of the song perfectly. And the video is excellently done, right down to the ending where Dolly asks if she gets to blow something up (a reference to the ending of the video of the original song), and the two of them agreeing that the cheating SOB doesn’t deserve either of them.

Anyway, this started me thinking: What singers do you wish would do a duet of one of their songs? Or for that matter, which singers do you wish would do a duet of any song. While my immediate thought is for singers who are both still alive and performing, I’m open to hearing thoughts on duets where one or both of the singers are no longer with us, or have retired for any reason. Hell, I’d even be interested if anyone would like to hear a singer doing a duet with their younger self.

Sarah McLachlan and Tori Amos.

Hmm, they could do reciprocal duets on each of their songs titled “Mary” :slight_smile:

But, really, any song together.

I’d like to hear Laura Nyro and Marilyn McCoo trade off on “Wedding Bell Blues,” but I wouldn’t be able to pick which version.

Neil Innes and John Lennon doing a Rutles/Beatles trade off would be a hoot.

If this mashup is any indication, that could work really well.

David Bowie and Kate Bush

And plenty of jazzmen, although none spring to mind at the moment.