D'ya ever just feel like drinking?

I want to drink more now since I can’t anymore …when I could drink I didn’t drink much since we didn’t go to p!aces that had hard booze and I don’t like non flavored beer also it took such an insane amount tfor me to get drunk that it wasn’t. Worth it so I didn’t drink more than a few times a year

Now the doc said I can’t drink and social security uses it to take checks sway I haven’t drank n about 6 or 7 years…

In the last few years, the only times I seriously consider having something to drink is when I want a little help falling asleep. And even then, melatonin is quicker and easier, especially since we don’t keep much alcohol in the house.

I’m not anti-drinking. I just don’t get the appeal. Most alcohol tastes nasty to me, and even the stuff I like makes me sleepy - certainly not something to have when wanting to socialize. So to answer the OP, nope - never just feel like drinking.

What?

Yes, I do, very seldom, but I do.

Last night was one. I wanted to be sure I’d sleep really hard. I blended up the tequila and margarita mix, added lots of ice, and enjoyed the sensation. Yesterday afternoon you see, I just buried my best friend ever, my dog Nathan. It’s a beautiful spot, at the pet cemetery, and I’ll be able to visit often, but I wanted no dreams last night.

Yes, but only on Monday’s usually. I never drink on the weekend. I guess the stress of my job drives me to drink during the week but it is always beer or wine.

There’s also the hangover factor. The older I get, the less I can handle hangovers. Best just to avoid them altogether. And more and more these days, I find a smaller amount of overindulgence will discombobulate me for much of the following day. I just can’t be bothered. I’m not a college student anymore. If it doesn’t feel good, why do it?

I am sorry. Hope it worked.

Yeah, jeez, Sorry Baker.

I generally enjoy drinking, even drinking all night long. But not to the point where I get super drunk.

Particularly now that I have two kids under three. Last thing you want is to be completely capacitated around a rambunctious two year old.

Nope, not at all.

I’m a social drinker and have to be careful not to overdo it at parties and outings. Alone at home, if I make a drink, I won’t finish it. It just doesn’t taste as good.

It ticks me off when a doctor asks if I consume alcohol and the only choices are yes or no. It’s not a yes or no thing. If I respond positively, it sounds like I’m a regular drinker, which I’m not, but I can’t say honestly that I don’t drink or that I wouldn’t if the right opportunity arose.

The right opportunity certainly includes a hot summer day on the water (pool, river, lake, ocean). Then a person just has to have a beer or margarita. Not to have one would be wrong.

Exactly. I had two drinks a week ago, and I can’t remember the last one I had before that.

I second this motion and move to vote on the amendment to have a scotch and cigar.

Dammit, now I want a scotch and cigar and its Monday. Scotch and cigars are social weekend treats!

Another thing tamping down the impulse is after the bar scene in Bangkok, Honolulu is friggin’ tame. But then, Sodom and Gomorrah would seem tame.

You were so drunk you couldn’t remember? :wink:

I knew someone would say that! :stuck_out_tongue:

I was out with my brother in January. He wanted to stop at a liquor store. While he was shopping, I thought to myself that I hadn’t bought any liquor in a while so we both ended up buying a bottle.

I noticed he threw his empty bottle out two days later. It’s May and I’m about half way through mine.

On May 29th at 2 am we had to put down our wonderful 12 year old dog. We made an emergency vet visit. She had been just great just hours before. Thought for sure that she had 2 years left. She had started bleeding internally from a tumor that we did not know about.

Emergency surgery may have given her another 3-6 months, if she survived the surgery.

So to answer the OP.

Yes.

Poor girl. I’m sure you made the right decision.

Nope! Never. It just doesn’t appeal to me. Not that I’ve never had a drink, but it’s nothing that I even think about. I’m glad because there are alcoholics in my extended family. So apparently I didn’t get the gene. I’ve seen what it does to everyone involved. Not worth it. My husband quit drinking a year ago and I’m so proud of him. Drinking brings out the worst in people. You really notice it when you’re a non-drinker and watch the drinkers at a party. UGH