Earth satellite 3000 years old? What say you?

Your opinion is as valid as any I’ve seen here. So what is it and where’d it come from?

The BLACK KNIGHT

Point of Origin?

My opinion is that the OP should provide at least a modicum of background when starting a topic.

Every single word on The Black Knight page is bullshit. Every one. Do not go back to that site for any reason ever.

Well now I HAVE to go…
Eta: made it as far as “tesla” in 2nd paragraph. Yup. Total bullshit.

If it was real, and alien, the entire purpose of the space race would have been to recover it. Ergo, the conspiracy theory is bullshit.

The Moon is much older than 3000 years.

Apropos of nothing I have a pile of advanced extraterrestrial tech scattered across my yard after a raccoon knocked over the trash bin. It’s yours if you’ll pick it up.

I don’t have a modicum. The only information I have is what’s written in the article. Oh, and I did build a Newtonian telescope one time with a 6" mirror and belonged to an astronomy club for a time, but that’s all the modicum I have on the subject at present. Nobody ever mentioned a ‘Black Knight’ satellite that I can recall. The Russians put Sputnik up in '57 and we all drew pictures of it in class as a project, but that was the first artificial satellite orbiting the earth that I’ve ever heard about. What’s your modicum?

Maybe NASA has been keeping it a secret all these years, so that The Truth only appears on the Falun Gong Chinese channel.

Or maybe this:
Black Knight is a jumble of completely unrelated stories; reports of unusual science observations, authors promoting fringe ideas, classified spy satellites and people over-interpreting photos. These ingredients have been chopped up, stirred together and stewed on the internet to one rambling and inconsistent dollop of myth.
http://www.armaghplanet.com/blog/the-truth-about-the-black-knight-satellite-mystery.html

Why do you think that is?

Also, look up the definition of modicum.

I’ll modicum You!

Your mom’s a modicum!

Uh… They’ve been keeping it a secret?

From every human in history who has ever had a telescope?

I modicuming your dog!

Who is ‘they’? I mean, every single country with a space program…hell, ever single country with the means to make a telescope…would know about it. Are they all in on it? And every one who works for them? All their elected and appointed officials? And all of these people and governments are in lock step to keep this a secret because…?

Seriously, does any of this make any sense to you? Go to the root here…HOW would you keep such a secret? WHY would you keep such a secret? What’s in it for NASA to keep such a secret when divulging it would get them funding beyond their…hell, beyond MY…dreams? What’s in it for, oh, say Cuba to keep the secret? Or Russia? Or China? Or anyone else? And, assuming you can come up with some twisted logic to answer that by torturing some article, HOW would you keep it secret? I mean, we would be talking about 100’s of thousands of people, if not millions who would know. All of them would keep silent? :dubious:

The site says it’s 13,000 years old. Much older than the 3000 years in your title.

Here’s my modicumshot: This is one of the sillier space related conspiracy theories. Second only perhaps to the one about Nazi bases on the moon.

Best not. That would be junior modicum.

Skeptoid on the Black Knight.

TLDR version; most of the story is made up or exaggerated, and the object in the photo is a thermal blanket that broke off of Endeavour.

How could that have happened 13,000 years ago? Are you saying the real story is how time travel has been concealed?

:smiley: