ENTERPRISE 10/29/03: The Shipment

That wasn’t me, that was my evil twin, Lars Tarkas, from the mirror universe!
–Tars Tarkas

Fat chance, Tars.
To quote Chaucer: “He knowye a woman hathye noe bearde”.

Chaucer: Ieee Likeeeeee lettereeeeee Eeeeeeee.

But…but…I read about it weeks ago on the spoilers at star trek dot com! And then I read what you wrote…but I can never be sure who’s being straight around here. Ah, well. It should be cool, and so should “Similitude.” What the heck, even “North Star” might be fun.

We can hope.

I have Season 5 spoilers. :wink:

Maybe. But if Trip wins a sheriff’s badge in a poker game, there’s a-gonna be trouble!

Not if the moon were small. Then L2 would be far enough “behind” the moon that the edges of the main planet would poke out from around it. Perhaps that’s why the Big E was nestled in so close to the moon.

Yeah, okay. But still, the position they showed the ship to be in wasn’t an orbit, it was a hover. Unless the scale was extremely exaggerated. Why expend fuel hovering, when a perfectly acceptable low maintenance orbit is available?

Of course, as I noted previously, the visual impact wouldn’t have been as spectacular.

NCB: Your Shipment will arrive next week. It will definitely include GOO!

Aes: Your tape is on the way.

Yes, but they are from an alternate timeline. As soon as I send Tasha Yar and Crewman Daniels back two years to the season 1 premiere and they have their love child, your season 5 spoilers will be WORTHLESS! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

is that before or after Future Janeway and Future Picard show up and put three nacelles on every ship?

Then your other characters are cardboard standard cast villians or damsels in distress or whatever. Bonanza in Space. Andromeda, where nobody upstages Captain Hercules.
There needs to be character development, but there also need to be other beings who influence the universe.

Captain Burrito vs. Captain Beano - that would influence the universe. Until they cancelled each other out in a puff of …

NCB, your shipment also includes Flaming Poo.

:smiley:

:confused: :eek: :dubious: :smiley:

viva: Since last week was reruns, are you sending me all the sitcoms from then along with Enterprise, Jake, etc from this week? The reason I’m asking is that I’ve not gotten a package.

Just checking.

Aes: I can’t remember if I mailed the package yesterday or the day before. You’ll have it soon. With all the stuff I tape it’s hard to remember what’s on it. I think I mailed it late because of the reruns.

I’m working on another for you now. So far it has Friends, ER and Joan from the last 2 days. They ran Scrubs for an hour on Th. instead of Coupling.

Okay…Yes, I mailed a package to Aes on Thursday and another to NCB on Friday evening.
Don’t worry, Boy; you’ll like. :smiley:

Hey…The Cogenitor is alive and well and hanging out with Joan of Arcadia.

Naw. The Cogenitor was much, much nicer.

[hijack]
Hey, why are acid tounged jerks invariably portrayed as misunderstood independent free thinkers by Hollywood, as long as they are nice and angsty?
[/hijack]

c’plant, I would agree that you don’t want side characters that are two-dimensional and bland. But when they make the majority of the big decisions, when they drive all of the action, they, by definition, become the protaganists (unless my definition is off - it’s been a while since I’ve studied any dramitic or literary crit). Yes, they need to be strong enough so the conflict that they provide doesn’t seem forced. But when they make all the choices, then our heroes are just along for the ride, which gets dull.

Aes, just so you know, you’re not jobless by yourself any more. As of today, I have been officially laid off. I too have joined the ranks of the unemployed. Man, it sucks.