Esquire sexiest woman. Who is it??

Here it the link, for those wanting a peak. It’s work safe. If I had to guess from the pics, I’d say it’s Ms. Watts.

But that does eliminate some contenders, like Kate Hudson and Keira Nightly.

Sure she does. She just doesn’t have it cantilevered up in an evening gown.

If it is Scarlett, she’s at least a better choice than Jessica Biel.

Wow, apparently 52% of guessers have guessed Renee Zellweger. I can only assume that this is because none of them have ever actually *seen * Renee Zellweger. While that woman is arguably too thin to be Scarlett, she is inarguably not thin enough to be Renee.

She seems like a nice enough person, but how in the name of Og did Renee Zellweger even make that list?

But she says she’s under 30, and Naomi Watts is closer to 40.

I agree. There’s no way I would put RZ on a list of sexy women, much less the ‘sexiest’. In fact, I’d say her best feature is her acting ability, and that’s just blah as far as I’m concerned. Frankly I find her rather unattractive. Esquire usually aims somewhat higher.

I might be misremembering but I thought one of the questions from the first month of the feature was something about whether she had an accent, and the answer was no. Isn’t Naomi Watts from Down Undah?

Naomi Watts is like 38, so obviously it can’t be her. Other names on the list who are 30 or older: Jennifer Aniston, Monica Bellucci, Nicole Kidman, Renee Zellwegger, Rebecca Romijn, Angelina Jolie, and (if the question was asked before March 22) Reese Witherspoon.

From the Esquire clue site listed above:

From a BBC interview with Scarlett Johansson:

I think the mystery is solved…

My best guess, based on the pictures, is Rebecca Romijn.

Sorry:

Esquire Clue Site

BBC Interview

Stupid post written without having previewed RickJay’s.

Here’s my analysis:

Jennifer Aniston, Rebecca Romijn, Angelina Jolie, Reese Witherspoon- in addition to the other reasons mentioned, too A-list.

Drew Barrymore, Monica Bellucci, Heather Graham, Scarlett Johansson, Nicole Kidman, Jessica Simpson, Renee Zellweger- wrong body type

Keira Knightley, Kate Hudson, Jamie Pressley, Naomi Watts- I think their star is already rising, they don’t need this kind of exposure

That leaves Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Kate Bosworth, Rachel McAdams, Molly Sims- (wasn’t one of the Jessicas last year’s Mystery Girl?) I don’t know anything about her and I’ve missed a couple months worth of Q&A, but my guess is Molly Sims.

Jessica Biel was last year. The woman in the photos isn’t thin enough to be Kate Bosworth, has bigger boobs than Rachel McAdams, far less ass than Jessica Alba, and isn’t leggy enough to be Molly Sims, who, along with half the list, is a hag by Esquire standards. They throw a few over 30s onto the guess list, but have they *ever * actually named a woman over 30 as their “Sexiest?”.

I’m still going with Scarlett.

Damn, hit submit too soon. My second guess is Rachel McAdams, but if so, they’ve padded up her chest.

Whosever publicist is working the most overtime. As mentioned above, there is a discrete list of women who appear regularly in these magazines, some of them very sexy, some more due to good marketing.

It’s rather an aside, but I became [even more] cynical with regard to Esquire and it’s near competitors when I noticed one particularly striking ‘girl next door’ appearing in one magazine was obviously the same professional clothes model appearing in another.

Anyway, from the list, the body type and skin coloring only match Renee Zellweger, Reece Witherspoon, and Kate Hudson. Kiera Knightly, Heather Graham, and others are too tall (you get a sense of height from the bicycle shot), and most of the rest are too curvy. Of the three, Kate is the only one I’d consider truly sexy.

Have to decline. Last time I was nominated, they put this crazy Icelandic singer on my case. Yes. They Bjorked me. Don’t wanna go through THAT again.

Jennifer is a butter face, IMHO…

All you people getting thrown off the scent by fake clues. Buncha losers.

Every single person in the world knows that the Sexiest Woman Alive is Diane Lane, regardless of age. SHe was hot as Cherry Valance, and has only gotten better and better looking as the years have gone on. I can’t wait to see what she looks like when she’s, like, 80.

::grabs box of tissues::

But then we also have this, from the interview:

Which would seem to suggest someone in her 60s or 70s.

:stuck_out_tongue: