Ethnicities represented on the SDMB...

English (various), Irish (county Wicklow), Welsh (Swansea), Scots and German (Prussian). Father’s German side in America going back to the mid-1800s and the mass German migration, mother’s side in America back to the Mayflower travelers and other early arrivals. The English line may be via the invasion of Britain by someone of Danish origins, preceded by Austria. That name is Saunders, which (probably) derives from Zanders or Zander, which was a diminuitive of Alexander (as in “The Great”).

Now aren’t you sorry you asked?

100% Eastern European Jew. My family came from shetels in Ukraine, then-Lithuania now-Belarus, Hungary and Austria.

On my mom’s side, my family has been in Canada for at least 4 or 5 generations, on my dad’s, my grandparents were the first ones over.

Finnish, although my father was from Karelia and thus had a Russian last name. Could also be that I’m part Russian. Only a Finn could appreciate that pain!

100% Aryan.

Jamaican.

*Black Jamaican.

I’m a pure-breed American mutt…you would have to go pretty far back to find anything more specific, although we do know their is a good deal of Indian, German, and Irish (which shows up very strongly in me)

All of my mom’s folks came over to the States from Ireland after “The '98.”

All of my dad’s folks came over to the States from Germany in the 1850s.

3/4 Anglo-American
1/4 Italian (Calabrese)

All Texan

Three-quarters Indian
One-quarter Spanish

3/4 mix of English, Scottish, Irish, Dutch, and German, and
1/4 Siberian-American whose ancestors walked here.
All American

Norwegian and Sami as far back as records excist.

Norwegian.

Aaahh…another Gujarati on the boards…I feel so…sniff…emotional!

Mongrel Indian. 50% Gujarati, 50% Malayali.

For those who have not the slightest idea about these two communities:
Gujaratis are traditionally a patriarchal society. They’re famous in India for being able to make money. The cuisine rocks.
Malayalis are traditionally a matriarchal society. They’re famous in India for being very brainy. The cuisine rocks.

That is all you need to know.

Mostly Swedish with some Finnish roots.

You can always use dye.

Will you Finnish with those lame jokes already?

Gujju food does not rock!! Everything - ok, almost everything - is sweet

Looking at me you’d guess I’m Irish - English and living in Arkansas — knowing me tells you I’m Tennessee trash living in Mississippi :slight_smile:

Going back 2 generations, I am African-American. I’m also at least 1/8 Native American (Pamunkey) and a little tiny bit Scotch-Irish. I (and several family members) have been mistaken for Hispanic at times.

Polish and Bohemian.