Evelyn the dinner whore

Folks on Fark.com mentioned a woman nicknamed, “Evelyn the dinner whore”. Evidently, she had a personals listing on craigslist, and when treated to a meal by an interested man, would order hundreds of dollars worth of food at expensive restaurants, frequently going to the bathroom so she could make room for more food. Supposedly many guys on craigslist complained about this.

Is there any truth to this woman? Talk about bizarre!

Does she know Mr. Creosote?

Hmmm, I just read an article on Yahoo’s Oddly Enough about a guy in Romania who was doing something similar to women. He’d take them out on a date, order the most expensive wine, implore the women to order “whatever they wanted” and then slip outside for a phone call (sometimes, with the woman’s cell phone!) and, naturally, disappear. I believe, and I’ll have to confirm this, that he was actually caught and fined/jailed/something punitive.

That guy was arrested, but the story reminded some Farkers about Evelyn. Problem is, they didn’t post a link about her, so I don’t know if they just made it up or not. But it would be pretty interesting if it were true.

Well, at least she wasn’t so tacky as to order MILK at one of those fancy restaurants. :smiley:

My question would be is why anyone would let it happen. Obviously, it would be a little sticky trying to curb her initial order, but if she comes back and keeps ordering food - or even if she places a 400 dollar order at the outset, propriety be damned, you should say something.

snort

So basically she’s a buliemic with expensive taste?