Even when Beck's bad, bad, bad she's good.(New critter in the house!)

You can trust us not to tell - - - how did you cheat that one? Treats in your pocket?

“English: occupational name for an officer of a court of justice, whose duties included serving writs, distraining goods, and (formerly) arresting people. In England formerly it was also a status name for the chief officer of a hundred (administrative subdivision of a county).”

Beck’s just brought a LEO officer into her home.

You’re thinking of ‘bailiff’! :smile:

Bayliss caught a frog and ate it. Yuk. I heard it crunch.

He immediately puked it up. Another Yuk!

We must learn ‘drop it’ or ‘leave it’ pretty quick.

He puked up a frog! The honeymoon is over!

~VOW

The name originated in French, and in French, according to this website, Bayliss “is the nominative form of the word bailliff”.

(NB: I don’t speak French, so I’m taking that website’s word for it.)

I think Bayliss learned about frogs. Down at the pond he pushed a couple around but didn’t bite any.
His snow white feet are now a lovely pink color I call ‘Redclay mud Blush’
It’s the only color I ever invented. I’m waiting on design companies to call me up and offer $$big bux$$ for the rights to use it. You know? For fancy undies and bed linens.
Yep. Imma be rich, soon. :smirk:

I read that as “Redclay mud Bush.” I wondered what a mud bush was. Then I wondered if there was some political joke I wasn’t getting. Then I got to the “fancy undies” phrase and assumed you were being bad, bad, bad. Good thing I re-read the post before replying.

P.S. Trying hard not to imagine the visual for frog á la puke.

Frog a’la puke looked amazingly like regular old chewed up frog mixed with DILs chile-spaghetti casserole.
Not pleasant.

Talk about staining. There’s a round chili colored blob on my deck steps after I hosed the puke off. I may have to bleach it out.

Mr Wreker sounds like the type to own a lot of gadgets. If he has a pressure washer, that plus some detergent might be the preferable way to do it. Bleach is going to seriously discolor the wood. The result with pressure-washing will look different than the rest of the deck steps for a while, but at least the whole step will hopefully be uniform. It will eventually turn the same weathered color as the rest of it.

Welcome to the trials and tribulations of owning a real dog (i.e.- fairly big dog)! Trust me, it’s well worth it. A dog’s love – and his ability to express it – is roughly proportionate to his size. :slight_smile:

Thx @wolfpup, I think we do have a pressure washer.
Good advice.

Mr. Bayliss and Mr. Bear(Siamese cat) had a meeting of the minds.

I was walking down the hall. Ever faithful Bayliss at my heels. We turned the corner and they met face to face.
Bear hissed and Bayliss made a low growl and was up in his tip toes. I saw a slight rise in hackles and Bears tail went fluffy.
It was a Mexican stand-off.
Bayliss didn’t back down.

He’s not gonna stand for any foolishness from this cat.

Bear hopped up on the stair rail and took a bath. Acting all casual and unconcerned. He’s such a faker.

Bayliss bounded down the stairs.
Very impressive.

Excellent – Bayliss acted honorably, as I would have expected. It’s also clear from the “ever faithful Bayliss at my heels” part that he is YOUR dog, nobody else’s. You and Bayliss need to make that clear to all the young Wrekers who may be trying to lay claim to him.

Bernie would sometimes have cats hiss at him while cowering under bushes or balconies when we went on our walks. He would just walk on by with his head held high, that great big Bernese Mountain Dog smile on his face, completely ignoring the stupid thing. His demeanor was that of a dog who, if you had praised him for ignoring the stupid cat, would have said, “What cat? Did you hear something? I didn’t hear anything.” :grinning:

I’m so enamored of this dog. I’m now afraid some yokel is gonna call and claim him.

The family has decided I’m the true dog Mom to Bayliss.
He’s still very friendly to everyone.
And, curious. He has to see about everything.
Squirrels we’re under the bird feeder this morning. He has just discovered these little creatures so he wants to get to know them. He ran out there to have a romp and they scattered. He looked heartbroken for a minute.

The chicken coop is another thing he’s trying figure out. I went in to get eggs and he was gonna follow me right in.
My hen’s went berserk til I backed him out. He waited patiently while I got the eggs. I let him sniff the eggs.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Beck you have a gorgeous dog. Hit the jackpot with your new houseguest.

:dog: I know Bayliss appreciates a new home.

I wasn’t going to tell you, Beck, but all us ‘Dopers got together, took up a collection and sent you Bayliss.

We paid extra for the cute and loyal.

Bayliss chose YOU, and he’s got a glorious life at Chez de Wrekk. If any local yokel comes by, you have the moral right to say, “This dog? Why, we’ve had him from a pup!” and wave them off.

What a wonderful gift fate (or whoever) gave you!

The good thing about living on a long, deserted road is they aren’t likely to have casual visitors. I’d get him chipped and claim ownership.

StG

That is a handsome, excellent dog, Beck.

I have a feelin’ there might be some truth in that statement.

I have learned to never second guess fate on the Dope.