Ever have a Mulder/Scully relationship?

I never have…

was there ever some one you worked with

-who was the opposite sex (or the same sex but only counts if you’re both gay)
-you worked together closely only with each other
-neither of you had a significant other (Mulder and Scully may have occasionally had others, but none of them were significant)
-with whom you shared extreme unresolved sexual tension?

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Only on my side. Dammit.

Yes
Yes
No*
Yes

*SOs for both, or answer to last question would be different

Yes.
Sort of (lots of people in the department - hey this is the closest I come, and it’ll lead into a story, I promise!)
Yes.
Yes.

This girl where I worked at the time flirted with me a lot, I must admit I liked her too (I’ve mentioned before on the board about my proclivity for redheads - she turned out to be the only redhead I’ve ever dated) - when I won two free tickets to a PanAm Games event (those of you playing along at home can probably figure out the timeframe I’m speaking of now) I decided to ask her. Date was great (longest date I’d been on before I met my wife (who I started dating about 2 months after this) - lasted about 12 hours from the time we met to the event, to me inviting her back to my place for dinner). After the date, though, I never saw her again (enquiring around, she transferred/was transferred to another department), guessing the date was less than memorable for her. :frowning:

4 yes’

It’s called a ‘work spouse’, and yes I had one for several years. We were both single but didn’t really go on dates together, thought it would be a bad idea since we worked so closely together. We did go to extra-work functions together, and out with friends as a group. No hanky or panky, but the idea was not far from the surface. The corporation eliminated her position, but waited until I was away on vacation to do so.

A few years after that I married a woman who is part of a large, extended group of friends which includes my former co-worker, also now married. One summer we were sitting around a campfire with a large group of friends, including our spouses, and she described us as having been ‘work spouses’. That was the first time I heard the term.

The requred Wiki link;

I’ve had a work spouse before but I didn’t really think of it as being the same as Sculder/Mulder so I didn’t chime in.

I’ll love you before I fuvk you. Much rather be a fuckscully. I’ll brood and wax conspiratorial if you so wish. You can smack me with the cold skeptic fish.