Ever try a food because of a movie/show/song?

I was drinking Bubble Up (a lemon line soda) today when I remembered why I started drinking it. Back in the early 80s, Merle Haggard had a hit called “Rainbow Stew” that mentioned Bubble Up. When I found out five years ago it actually exists, I had to get it and have regularly drank it ever since. Has a piece of entertainment ever caused you to try a drink or food item?

Horchata, thanks to the Vampire Weekend song.

Kalkalash and crab juice.

I’m sure I have a real example, but I can’t think of it.

Oh! I have been wanting to try a hearts of palm salad since Don Draper ordered one. (season 2 episode 5, my googling reveals)

*Khlav Kalash

If books also count, I tried Rooibos (red bush tea) because of Alexander McCall Smith’s Ladies #1 Detective series.

I just bought a pint of Stephen Colbert’s Americone Dream from Ben & Jerrys because… Mr. Colbert is utterly adorkable and he wants me to.

Hey, me too! I mean, I’d had it before, but last December I was visiting home, and my friends and I went to the Mexican place we used to frequent, and hey, December, right?

I tried onigiri after watching One Piece - I was sort of on a Japanese food kick anyways, but onigiri specifically I can attribute to One Piece.

I made spaghetti tacos for my daughter after she saw them being prepared on “iCarly.” All they are is taco shells filled with spaghetti. Also, I wanted to try Japanese-style curry after watching a Sailor Moon episode in which Rini asked Serena to cook some for her. I eventually tried the curry from Curry House in Little Tokyo - it’s great! You can even ask them to put an onion ring or a fried hot dog on top. Now I want to try chocolate cornets after seeing Konata on “Lucky Star” eating one for lunch. I’ve looked all over, and I’m not even sure there is such a thing as chocolate cornet.

White Russian, because of The Dude.

Old Fashion, because of Don Draper.

At the risk of sounding old:

Milk and Pepsi because of Laverne and Shirley

verdict: disgusting
though I now want to try a hearts of palm salad too! (because of this thread, does that count?)

Seven & seven because of Community. I could do it because I’m a girl.

Have searched for a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster without success

Turkish delight, because of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe..

Next time, I’ll just sugar some perfume and drink that instead. Yuck. Edmund was an idiot.

I had never heard of a Mojito before I saw “Die Another Day.” After that, seemed like everyone was drinking them.

Personally, I can take it or leave it. It just seems like a rum version of a Mint Julep.

If it existed I would have tried a pan galactic gargle blaster.

The great reputation in various media of scotch (and cigars) has made me want to experience that but I haven’t had the opportunity.

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

I would never have picked that out of the Twining’s lineup of Breakfast Tea, Prince of Wales tea, etc. But the way he said it, made it sound like such a manly cup of tea, that I sought it out and gravitated to it. 'Cause you know, there’s nothing more manly, than tea … with flowers in it.

A second for this one.

I owe my long time on again/off again love affair with single malt Scotch whisky to trying Glenmorangie on a whim after seeing Highlander when I was 19.

Donuts.

No really. When Twin Peaks first came on in The Netherlands those were unheard of. As my whole family was obsessed with the series my mum and me went to the library (internet also not being around), found a recipe and tried to make these “donuts”. And we couldn’t figure out what the deal was. I found out later this was because the cookbook was way off and are fritters bore no relation to real donuts. I was quite surprised to find out what they really look and taste like.

Years ago I tried taking a sip of beer, then white wine because Broderick Crawford did it in the movie “The Mob”. As I remember the plot, he was trying to establish he was from New Orleans to infiltrate a gang and (according to the movie) people in New Orleans drink this. It was alright but I have never repeated it.