Evil Dead Mafia Forbidden Thread - The Cabin in the Woods

WTF?

If you do a “find all posts by storyteller0910” the very first one contains a vote count with Total Lost listed as “total lost” I found it in less than five seconds.

Total Lost could not possibly be looking very hard. If it weren’t for the fact that Total Lost being scum requires Cookies to be lying scum as well, I’d think Total Lost is scum right now. The only possible avenue for Total Lost to be scum is for Cookies to be scum of a different faction, but I find that unlikely. What the hell?

Why is NAF pushing the masons to claim still? Claiming now reduces the pool for the remaining power roles. Masons will not be lynched, so there’s no risk on that front. I know he’s eager to increase the number of confirmed Townies, but masons claiming does not do that. They’re already confirmed–just not revealed yet.

He doesn’t want to waste an investigation on a Mason.

I guess that is possible, but I think the risk of reconfirming a Mason is smaller than the risk of an outed Mason being Scum-killed. Oh, there’s also the risk of a Vig kill, but that’s low as well.

Oh I agree with you Pleonast. NAF was pushing for the masons to claim rather early, but now that he’s getting vanillas to claim in small numbers, he doesn’t need masons to claim anymore. Either way, it’s too soon for masons to claim. I’m just saying that is NAF’s motivation, not that I necessarily agree with it.

Have you been following along on the off-board game. Particularly today? I still feel dirty even though the dirt was paydirt.

Nope, sadly I haven’t had time to read that one =(
I only am reading this one because I got to have a small hand in helping to create this one with some ideas that I threw in (but Storyteller’s most certainly changed them since then- but it’s nice to see small touches- **Predator **anyone? Who loves mixing franchises? :smiley: )

And… I think Total Lost is trying to communicate a message. But I’m not sure… but i believe now that she’s been giving off hints at something special. But i’ll hold back on my thoughts on that one, since this isn’t the fully spoiled area (and because I don’t really know).
But I don’t get a scum vibe from her at ALL… it’s just a something other vibe that doesn’t have to do w/ alignment, but she’s hinting at something else methinks… I think she’s special, but not in regards to alignment, but in terms of powers or conditions…

Curious.

If you get a chance, check out my posts throughout toDay. I’d give you a Cliff’s notes version of what’s publicly available myself, but I’d rather avoid discussing anything too much over here because I don’t want me or anyone else to be modkilled. (We had a mason modkilled toDay and we really don’t know why. He somehow got access to information he shouldn’t have through no fault of his own.)

But I managed to drag out a PFK claim due to a large discrepancy I noticed in a townie claim PM. Although, this was a unique circumstance, IMO.

Total Lost being special would be consistent with a previous storyteller construction. In his Blade Runner Game, one (mostly vanilla) character knew the town status of another (powerful) player. The original idea was to have a toned down masonry where one vanilla knew the alignment of another, but not vice versa. Storyteller adapted the idea to have the player know the alignment of a powerrole for his purposes.

That may not be a good sign for Total’s survival at Night.

A brief reminder for all of **Cookies’ **grammatical “slip” from the Serenity game on Day 2.

That’s right, we were going to vote for her based on the definitive article. :smiley:

But that was a completely different case. Cookies slip in serenity tipped her hand as they were HER words. Here she is quoting her PM as storyteller’s words. As far as I can tell the case hinged on the use of “total lost” and only now pedescribe is making up shit about grammar and style. It’s not a matter of word choice, they are implying that Cookies wrote the PM because it doesn’t match storyteller’s style. Which if they are going to make that case, they need to spell it out explicity rather than just say it is so without proof or reasoning. I’m not even playing this game and it’s ticking me off.
I have no idea if Cookies is scum or not, but the case laid out so far is bullshit.

I have a feeling they will lynch Cookies simply because NAF doesn’t want them to.

Is NAF trying to be anti-Town? Suggesting that it’s better not to lynch scum? And then pulling the “if you don’t trust me, just lynch me” complaint. He’s off his usual excellent game. Or scum. :wink:

Actually, I agree with NAF and I totally get why he’s frustrated. Town has been acting ridiculously stupid so far. The case against Cookies is crap (which is different than saying Cookies is town, just that the case against her is… well crap).

The fact that NAF is being so abrasive is a Town-tell for me (at least with NAF). In Terminator NAF was uncharacteristically nice to me. I thought that odd and concluded he’s scum trying to play nice and not get lynched. I think NAF is genuinely frustrated. Faking frustration is not an easy thing to do. If NAF turns up scum, I’ll be very surprised, and NAF can then laugh at me for boasting about having his number.

The fact is, at this point of the game all that matters is that the town lynch UNKNOWNS and non-powerroles. It doesn’t matter who. Allowing NAF to investigate scum to prove his power is a tangible benefit. However, in my opinion, NAF is getting distracted with the desire to be confirmed and trusted. A reasonable thing for NAF to want, but the true optimal play is to build his masonry and ignore whatever else anyone else says.

Did I mention that the case against Cookies is sucky?
So from NAF’s perspective, he thinks he can confirm Cookies and by extension Total Lost – appealing!
The downside is if Cookies is scum, but NAF sees upside there too as he can then demonstrate his power. What he’s failing to see is that if Cookies is scum and NAF is scum, he would know this anyway. Not fantastic for confirming NAF.

So NAF is mostly right in that the case against Cookies is crap, but everything else should probably be left unsaid.

Can’t anyone who was IN BLADERUNNER speak the fuck up?

well, I mean that Total Lost has been hinting at his or her specialness, not the specialness introduced by Cookies.

Though I do not know Total Lost’s posting style I admit, but the way she’s talking right now… If I were not town and had a killing ability, I’d do it to her for fun to see what happens.

Also, I really hate the whole micromanaging of someone else’s power role. **Diggit **is fair game, since he offered to be the Town’s messenger, so micromanaging his questions is all fair game, but the whole issues w/ the Town worrying about who **NAF **may or may not investigate? That would drive me batty. That’s why I just prefer to do things on my own, and just trust in my own instincts and assume the Town is filled with expendable cannon fodder. Just play the game as Honestly and Pro-town as I can, and assume the Town is automatically filled with idiots that will get in my way if I try to do anything. That’s kinda why I like lying as Town or Scum, because even if I’m pro-Town, the town will find some way to screw up my plans (such as **Nanook **calling out NAF’s little “subtle” jabs to various people and forcing him to explain himself).

I think even though I like playing Pro-Town more than Scum, I tend to think with a scum mentality when I play Pro-Town Power Roles. Which is just plain troublesome.
But it’s LOADS of fun!

I dream of the Day when I’m a Vig… me with killing powers? I’d just play as an SK!

Bah, I’ll just come out and say it- Just don’t read it if you plan on subbing into the game in the future:

I think Total Lost is part of a Lovers group. Her word choices and actions all Day today make me think she’s trying to hint at that for some odd reason, and I don’t know why- If I were scum, I’d totally take the shot to try to get 2 kills for one by offing her- After I asked my fellow scum if anyone of them were involved with her, if not, then yeah, totally kill her to see what happens. At the very least, it’d be good WIFOM for the next Day.

Ro0sh, did you read the SDMB Mafia game? Being a Vig is fun! Too bad my kill record was not so hot (3 Townies, 1 Scum, 1 3rd party). But the Town never managed to lynch scum that game, so I was doing better than the lynch.

sach, your summary is spot-on. I’m getting tons of Townie vibe from NAF, but I still think he’s playing anti-Town. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thinking about it more, why did NAF claim when he did? Was he under vote pressure? His claim is too much of a distraction. He had bunch of statements to test; he should have tested them over several Days and reported the results and claim later. Town lynches him to confirm and game over.

Talking about his claim and what he’s doing has not been productive.

I have mixed feelings about the timing of the claim. NAF saw that the scum roleblocker was dead, so he had that going for him. But my guess is that NAF was afraid of being nightkilled and wanted Doctor protection. Since only one died on that night, it might have worked out for him.

Investigator claims are tough. The benefit of information makes claiming early very tempting and I think in this case, justified.

• One investigtor already dead
  • dead scum roleblocker
  • No dead Docs.

If anything, I would have timed the claim to be just before Dawn.

Wow.

I’m impressed by Diggit’s Play actually, and his power. The knocks are still there for the Town to deal with… they may have today as a free day. Now will they waste it by just trying to rush a lynch, or will they sit there and try to do something productive in the meantime?
Or will they just argue about Naf again for a while?