Fabout 2.5

That is, Fable II and Fallout 3. October looks to be a very good month for 360 owners and fans of WRPGs.

Why I’m looking forward to Fable II:

• The swashbuckler flintlock pistols type era is one I’ve not seen done in an RPG, or at least, not done in a way memorable enough for me to remember it. Should be a nice change from the ‘Generic Deep England’ setting most RPGs go for.
  • I’m always a sucker for a good bit of character customisation, it will be interesting to see how far you can mould your character depending on choices you make; mainly so I can see what they look like if I play the game ‘as me’.
  • I’m also a fan of the whole ‘have a family and kids thing’, adds a bit of depth and immersion entirely absent from most games (except The Sims)
  • I enjoyed the original, despite it’s flaws (except the insipid forced stealth level), if Fable II can deliver on it’s promises, it’ll be one hell of a game.
  • You get a dog!

Why I’m looking forward to Fallout 3:

• You can punch people’s heads off with a giant hydraulic glove.
  • Oblivion rocked my socks. Even if it is just ‘Oblivion with guns’ - who cares?! That would kick arse!
  • Nice karma system (which actually affects gameplay - goodies get a lawbringer perk and can turn in severed fingers for cash and reputation) and interesting setting, interesting side quests.
  • An assload of other interesting weapons, including one that shoots railway spikes to pin your foes heads to walls.
  • VATs looks pretty well implemented.
  • You get a dog!

I’ll be getting both. Can’t choose between 'em. You thoughts on either or both?

I’m a Fallout fan, always have been, always will be, and let me just say as someone who has played a bit of Fallout3 (though I’ll keep my secrets) 3 is amazing. The VATS system, for the most part, works out as you run in, take a couple shots, activate your VATS when you think you’ll get some good percentages and plug away all your AP (action points), then take a couple more pot shots at the guy if he ain’t dead, waiting for you AP to recharge (or you can pop some chems to have 'em recharge instantly).

This game is NOT Oblivion. I found Oblivion to be pretty boring (though I loved Morrowind and Dagger Fall) but Fallout 3 looks great. It’s more developed, more entertaining, and (from what I’ve played) MUCH more immersing. Plus there are parts that honestly just creeped me out a bit (freakin fire ants…)

anyway, I certainly can’t wait till I get my hands on the full game. Fable 2 looks great, don’t get me wrong, it’s definitely on my list, but Fallout 3 is the game I’ve been waiting for for years

I’ll be buying fallout on release day. but I’ll be waiting for reviews before I decide whether Fable is worth the hype. I’ll be too busy with fallout to worry too much about Fable for awhile anyway.

Very interested in both.
Definitely going to read the reviews first before buying though.

Among Fallout 3, Fable 2, Far Cry 2, and rumors that Gears of War 2 is very, very close, this is seems to be a pretty good week for people who pirate 360 games.

(Not accusing you, just making an observation.)