Fall 2012 TV Schedule: What's On Your DVR List?

Here is the newest Fall prime time TV listings for the upcoming season the major networks.
Looks like there isn’t too much overlap for me - mostly just two shows at the same time I will need to DVR. Of course, I am not including stuff on HBO, Showtime, AMC, USA, etc. that I am sure will screw up my scheduling…

Sunday
ABC America’s Funniest Home Videos -Once Upon a Time - Revenge - 666 Park Avenue New
CBS 60 Minutes - The Amazing Race - The Good Wife - The Mentalist
The CW Local
FOX NFL OT - The Simpsons- Bob’s Burgers - Family Guy - American Dad - Local
NBC Football Night in America -Sunday Night Football

Monday
ABC Dancing with the Stars - Castle
CBS How I Met Your Mother - Partners - 2 Broke Girls - Mike & Molly - Hawaii Five-0
The CW 90210 - Gossip Girl - Local
FOX Bones - The Mob Doctor - Local
NBC The Voice - Revolution

Tuesday
ABC Dancing with the Stars - Happy Endings - Don’t Trust the B—– In Apartment 23 - Private Practice
CBS NCIS - NCIS: LA - Vegas
The CW Hart of Dixie - Emily Owens, M.D. - Local
FOX Raising Hope - Ben and Kate - New Girl - The Mindy Project - Local
NBC The Voice -Go On - The New Normal - Parenthood - How to Live With Your Parents

Wednesday
ABC The Middle - The Neighbors - Modern Family - Suburgatory -Nashville
CBS Survivor - Criminal Minds -CSI
The CW Arrow - Supernatural - Local
FOX The X Factor -Local
NBC Animal Practice - Guys with Kids - Law & Order: SVU -Chicago Fire

Thursday
ABC Last Resort - Grey’s Anatomy - Scandal
CBS The Big Bang Theory - Two and a Half Men - Person of Interest -Elementary
The CW The Vampire Diaries - Beauty and The Beast - Local
FOX The X Factor - Glee - Local
NBC 30 Rock - Up All Night - The Office - Parks and Recreation - Rock Center with Brian Williams

Friday
ABC Shark Tank - Primetime: What Would You Do? - 20/20
CBS CSI: NY - Made in Jersey - Blue Bloods
The CW America’s Next Top Model - Nikita - local
FOX Touch - Fringe - Local
NBC Whitney - Community - Grimm - Dateline NBC

Saturday
ABC Saturday Night College Football
CBS Crimetime Saturday - 48 Hour Mystery
The CW Local
FOX Fox Sports Saturday
NBC Repeats

I’ll watch all the sitcoms once to see if they strike me as funny. I’ve seen the preview episodes for Go On and Animal Practice and will probably watch a few more episodes of those.

Other than that, Revolution, Arrow and Elementary are the only three I plan on bothering with. I hope at least one of them is good enough to watch for more than an episode or two but I don’t have high hopes for any of them.

Out of the new shows, I will probably TIVO Arrow, Revolution and Chicago Fire. I don’t know why I bother anymore though, it seems like every new show I start watching gets cancelled after one season. Either my taste is not aligned with everyone else in the US, or I’m just the unlucky kiss of death for any budding TV show.

I tend to try a bunch of new shows, just out of curiosity, although I drop 75 percent of them within a few weeks. Elementary and Vegas in particular seem like the kind of shows that I’ll watch for a few episodes and then drop because all the episodes seem the same. (This is how most CBS shows work for me.) But at least at the start, my schedule will look something like

Sunday: Once Upon a Time, Revenge, and 666 Park Avenue

Monday: Bones and Revolution

Tuesday: Raising Hope, Ben and Kate, New Girl, The Mindy Project, Happy Endings, Apt. 23, Parenthood, and Vegas

Wednesday: Arrow, Animal Practice, Modern Family, Suburgatory, and Nashville

Thursday: Last Resort, Up All Night, The Big Bang Theory, Parks and Rec, Scandal, and Elementary

Friday: Community and Grimm

Thank gods for cable.

Returning shows on the Tivo Season Pass are Castle, Survivor, Big Bang Theory and Community. New shows that we’ll give a look are sparse: Revolution, Vegas, Animal Practice, and Arrow are about it. And I don’t give them much of a chance at making it past November.

Supernatural, Fringe, and Survivor.

Only three commercial shows I watch on network TV.

Just two - CSI and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. I’m only really enthusiastic about the latter, and watching the former only when my favorite character is in evidence.

The Simpsons-
Bob’s Burgers -
How I Met Your Mother
2 Broke Girls
Mike & Molly
Raising Hope
New Girl
The Middle
Modern Family
Suburgatory
CSI
Animal Practice
The Big Bang Theory
30 Rock
The Office
Parks and Recreation
Community

I watched all those last year, will give them another season, whatevs. I saw the preview of “Animal Practice”. I love love love Justin Kirk from Weeds. The show is definitely Scrubs with animals - Kirk is I think JD and Cox rolled in to one. I’m not sure what’s up with the female lead (I missed a few mins) but I’m sure she already annoys me.

I’ll probably catch up on “Don’t Trust the B—– In Apartment 23” and also check out most of the new shows.

If you haven’t started watching “Bob’s Burgers” or “The Middle” - YOU MUST!

From that list, we’ll probably record and/or watch ‘live’:

Once Upon a Time
The Amazing Race
Hawaii Five-0
Bones

and if we get caught up on all of the past seasons by then

How I Met Your Mother
The rest of our TV watching will come from AMC, USA, and possibly HBO (I’m hoping our cable provider will have a ‘3 months free’ offer about the time Game of Thrones starts up again).

Well, I did catch “Animal Planet.” Wow, that was impressively unfunny and uninspired. Ugh.

So far, my DVD for this year looks like the same as last year: Modern Family, Community, Big Bang Theory, The Office, Family Guy, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and The Soup.

Major Crimes, Castle (and/or Perception), The Middle, Hot in Cleveland, 30 Rock, The Office (out of habit), Parks and Recreation, Community. I’ll give Animal Practice a look, and Coppers on BBC America.

Whoops, that was supposed to read Animal Practice.

Hell on Wheels. It’s on cable (AMC) but damn, it’s entertaining. It’s set in a rail road camp in the post civil war west. I was hooked last season, and this season looks to be as good.