Fantasy Football -- can't wait? Draft on Wednesday night.

I know there are other SDMB leagues out there – I’m in one of them already – but I’m sick of waiting. I must take part in a draft. I set up a custom league on Yahoo, and all SDMBers are welcome (though the league is published and open to anyone who takes the time to ask for the password).

Click here to join.
**League name: Anticipation
League ID#: 479608
Password: giants

Draft: Wednesday, 8/25, 9:30 PM EDT**

Settings:
*Max Teams: 10
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can’t Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: November 26, 2004
Trade Review: League Votes
Waiver Time: 2 days
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: Completions (1)
Incomplete Passes (-1)
Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-4)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (15)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (10)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (6)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (2)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-3)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-8)

Fractional Points: No

Negative Points: Yes*
Notes: Yardage is more important than in most Yahoo leagues; since touchdowns are distributed more randomly than yards, this cuts down a bit on the luck factor.

With the +1 for completions, -1 for imcompletions, and the stiffer penalties (-4) for interceptions, having a good QB is more important.

The rewards/punishments for defensive points allowed have been slightly ramped up to compensate for the higher than usual scoring on offense (from the doubled yardage points).
Everyone who promises not to abandon their team is welcome to join. Let’s have a great season.
– Jeremy

<bump>

Sorry for a second <bump> – just trying to fill up the league on shirt notice.

Well, I got in, but I don’t think it’s going to fill. Maybe the SDMB has overextended itself, what with the thirty different Yahoo leagues (most of which I have joined or started, of course).

There’s always a rush (from the general population, not necessarily Dopers) in the hours leading up to the draft, but you’re probably right that the league will have trouble filling up. I’ll probably remove the password and just open it to anyone an hour or two before the draft (which will almost certainly fill it up), and hope that a strongly worded description discourages people who won’t stay active all season.
If you think you might be in too many leagues for your liking, and you decide that the best place to cut back is the league likely to be filled predominantly with total strangers (even by internet standards), I promise not to be offended if you remove your team.
– Jeremy

I’m in!! That’s 4.
I’m argos, go me!!

We got one more from a poker message board I post to, and I just sent out a password to someone who liked the setup and requested it, so we should be up to six out of ten, w/ almost 3.5 hours left. Not to jinx anything, but it’s looking good.

One last heads-up to any dopers who might want to join. Judging by the rate of password requests, the league will certainly be full, probably within 30-45 minutes.