SDMB Yahoo Fantasy Football League now open- how to sign up

Hey everyone!

We had a great run last year, and I signed us up again this year for a free Yahoo Fantasy Football League. Rules are pretty much the same, except we are reverting back to a head to head format with expanded playoffs. Of course we are keeping the live draft, as that was extremely popular last year.

Here is the sign-up information and league settings. We can modify some of these settings so let me know what you think.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

**League Name: SDMB Fantasy League

League Number: 30476

Password: doper **

Draft Type: Live Draft

Draft Time: Mon Aug 2 8:00pm EDT

Max Teams: 10

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: November 19, 2004

Waiver Time: 1 day

Can’t Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: Commissioner

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (8 teams)

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, WR/TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: Passing Yards (50 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-4)
Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (20 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-2)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-8)

Can you bump that draft by a bit? I may be in transit from Canada to the US that day. Personally, I prefer a late August draft anyway, that way nobody gets burned by having a high draft pick injured in one of the first couple preseason games (Like Vick last year), but the 5th or 6th would be fine, I’ll be back in town then.

I don’t think that will be an issue, lets get some more opinions on the exact draft date.

Thanks Dave

By the way, the game is open to people who did not play in our league last year.

And its the right price- Free!

:slight_smile:

The draft has been moved back to Mon Aug 23 9:00pm EDT.

We still need 6 more easy marks, I mean other players.

:wink:

Ok, I’m in. I need to redeem myself after my horrible showing in both doper Baseball leagues this year (although it’s far from over).

Looking forward to it.

I’m in!

I have an idea. Can we make a forced fumble 1 point and a fumble recovery one point?

I will look into it and get back to you.

4 spots left!

I have joined.

Tremble in fear of the Fluffy Bunnies.

Another joiner here!

Last year, I was the Remedials. My team sucked Corey Dillon’s ass. This year…

Martha’s Cellmates!!

Two (2) spots left.

Any overflow can join my 12 team league here.

I went through the sign up process for your league. I hope it worked okay.

Welcome aboard!

**Looks like we still have one spot left. ** First come first serve.

Remember the live draft is Mon Aug 23 9:00pm EDT. Make sure to check out your computer which you will be drafting from prior to the draft with the “test your system” link.

Last year’s live draft was alot of fun, so I strongly encourage you to be there if you can. Also don’t forget to prepare your best Mel Kiper ripping the Colts style draft insults. Those who cannot be there should edit the pre-rankings accordingly- cause those Cardinals and Lions will be flying off the draft board. Not to mention Quincy Carter. . .

:wink:

Mine.

Fan-freakin’-tastic. I hope you were able to get into the league, Spiritus.

I am in, and I’m already filling out my draft card with Dallas Cowboy WR. I hear that Testaverde is going to eb the bomb!
:smiley:

Sweet!

Good to have you back- Don’t forget Raven’s WRs, that Travis Taylor is certainly first round material. . . .

:smiley:

I hear the Niners are stacked at wideout, too. But my sleeper pick is going to be Ricky Williams – he’ll have to come back once he runs out of nachos.

Just a reminder that the draft is coming up this Sunday- check the computer you plan on using and see you then!

Here is the info on the draft:

League Notes:
• Your live online draft is set for** Mon Aug 23 9:00pm EDT ** , which is 3 days, 12 hours, and 19 minutes from now. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since your draft will start promptly at the assigned time. You can pre-rank your players at any time.
• The draft order will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the draft begins.

Sorry for my earlier post- confused this with my ESPN league. See you Monday night.

Draft tonight.

If you are not going to be there you may want to adjust your pre-rankings to ensure that you score all of the Lions, Cardinals and Chargers you want.

See you tonight!