Farewell Scott Tipton (R-CO)

Five term GOP congressman, Scott Tipton, lost his primary tonight in CO-03.

He lost to Lauren Boebert, first time candidate and businesswoman.

Boebert owns Shooters Grill in Rifle, CO where the waitstaff open carries. Is that #2A enough for you?

She’s also super in to QAnon. Good job voters.

Tipton defeated Diane Mitsch Bush by 8 points to hold the seat in 2018.

DMB will be on the ballot again this fall versus Boebert.

Business Insider: GOP Congressman Scott Tipton was defeated by right-wing primary challenger Lauren Boebert in Colorado’s 3rd congressional district

I wonder if this makes it possible Bush can win the seat?

She lost to someone who was relatively sane by 8 points though it was a Democratic year. Cook has it Solid-R and Trump won by 12 points over Clinton. I don’t know Colorado politics but it seems like that district won’t care that Boebert is Derpy as all hell. But I can dream…

Boebert owns Shooters Grill in Rifle, CO where the waitstaff open carries.<<

How much should one tip?

Wow. The GOP has become unrecognizable. Time to break it up and let it go the way of the Whigs.

It looks like nine QAnon candidates across six states have made it through the primaries and will be on the November ballot representing the Republican Party. I may have missed some.

CA: Mike Cargile, Erin Cruz, Alison Hayden, Buzz Patterson
CO: Lauren Boebert
GA: Angela Stanton-King
OH: Ron Weber
OR: Jo Rae Perkins
TX: Johnny Teague

25% for bad service…

Before 2016, I used to joke, when referring to certain elected officials, that even morons deserved representation, but then Trump was elected.

I’m starting to think that maybe this whole idea about keeping some people from voting might have some merits after all. Maybe IQ and sanity tests?..(I’m not serious…(or am I?)…)

Ask your server what THEY would suggest. Then double it.

I’ve felt for some time that anyone wishing to vote or hold office should be required to pass the same test given to applicants for naturalization. Unfortunately, the spectre of Jim Crow and voter suppression poisons that idea.

Hmm…

The GOP primary in Colorado’s 3rd Congressional District was more of a surprise, however, with President Trump’s backed candidate Rep. Scott Tipton losing to restauranteur Lauren Boebert by about 9 points, 54.6 percent to 45.4 percent. Tipton is now the fourth House incumbent to lose renomination this year,1 and his defeat could make this Republican-leaning seat — Trump won it by 12 points in 2016, according to Daily Kos Elections — highly competitive in November. Boebert ran to the right of Tipton, drawing on her background as a gun-rights activist (she runs a restaurant where servers are allowed to openly carry firearms). But she’s raised very little money so far, and has attracted controversy for her views on QAnon, a far-right movement labeled a domestic terrorist threat by the FBI last year that promotes false conspiracy theories. So Boebert may struggle to turn her upset primary victory into real traction in the general election. Democrats have nominated former state Rep. Diane Mitsch Bush, hoping she can win after losing to Tipton by 8 points in 2018.

FiveThirtyEight

Pleasantly surprised that they think the seat could now be “highly competitive” now! Here’s hoping they’re right.

In a similar vein, in the Arizona Senate race, Martha McSally has a primary opponent, Daniel McCarthy, for those who don’t think McSally is Trumpy enough. In his list of endorsers, the ones I recognize make me throw up in my mouth a little.

Registered as Independent, I can – and have – request a Republican primary ballot. I don’t think he has a chance of winning and am trying to figure whether voting for him will make McSally rethink her position or push her further into the Trumpet camp.