Favorite Christmas spoof songs

Deck us all with Boston Charlie!
Walla Walla, Wash. and Kalamazoo!

That’s the beginning of of Walt Kelly’s spoof of Deck the Halls, sung every Christmas in his comic strip Pogo.

I also remember a schoolyard parody of We Three Kings:

We three kings of Orient are
Trying to smoke a rubber cigar
It was loaded and it exploded
Now we wonder where we are

Any others? I’m defining a Christmas spoof to be altered lyrics to an existing Christmas song, so forget about Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer … if you can.

Since my favorite holiday song is Winter Wonderland, my favorite spoof song is Walking Around In Women’s Underwear.

The Mistletones do a number called Toy Sack which is a Christmas-themed parody B-52’s Love Shack. But that’s the other way 'round from what you are asking for, which is more along the lines of the classic:

Jingle Bells, Batman smells,
Robin laid an egg…

Tom Lehrer-A Christmas Carol
Snippets from several carols.

Our own Doper brujaja has written a number of carol parodies related to Cthulhu. There are more than what I list here, but these will give you an idea.

We Three Things Abhorrent Are

It Comes Upon a Midnight Drear

On the Night Cthulhu Comes(Jolly Old St. Nicholas)
Cthulhu the Monster(Frosty the Snowman) This one is one of my favorites
Tentacles Are Coming to Town

The music is good and the rhymes are clever.

Al Yankovic’s “Christmas at Ground Zero,” of course.

JibJab has a funny version of “Jingle Bells.”

Poor Santa.

It’s cheezy but I like the 12 Pains of Christmas.

Well, you’re the one who brought up Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer, so I’ve gotta counter with Grandpa Got Run Over By a Beer Truck.

After putting on my thinking toque, I came up with Bob & Doug’s 12 Days of Christmas.

** Straight No Chaser**'s version of the Twelve Days of Christmas.

Also, note my sig;; I use it every year.

That’s the one I thought of. Can listen to is anytime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4NlR5KQLQ8

I never miss a chance to post this Jingle Bell Rock parody. For me, it really embodies the essence of the holiday season.

Capitol Steps has quite a few (some are dated, since they’re topical satirists).

I’ll be Broke for Christmas

A Gay Pride Christmas

A Sarah Palin Christmas

Have a Very Liberal Christmas

Muzzle Joe, Muzzle Joe, Muzzle Joe

Gotta go with,

“Where’s my fucking bike?” By some bloody Aussie I can never remember. Check it out.

(Kevin Bloody Wilson!)

It’s not a spoof as such, but “The Christmas Boogie” by the Davis Sisters is a lighthearted and unorthodox rendering of Clement Moore’s “A Visit From Saint Nicholas,” done in a hip early 1950s space age style. Lots of fun.

A Christmasized parody of a non-Christmas song, hope it doesn’t get disqualified on a technicality.

My very favorite Xmas song, Dan Hicks with the Christmas Jug Band: * Somebody Stole My Santa Claus Suit.*

The Beatles Christmas album that never was. Here ya go:

There’s Leroy The Redneck Reindeer, and Foxworthy’s The 12 Redneck Days of Christmas.

Frank Sinatra (with Nancy & Frank Jr.) did a parody of Do You Hear What I Hear called Didn’t I Get This Last Year?

Maybe I’m a sick and twisted person, but I always liked the brief Christmas song from Scrubs: scrubs christmas song - YouTube