Favorite Hostess Snack Cake?

Orange Cupcakes. I’ll go hungry rather than eat the rest, but I have a weakness for artificial orange sugar. :smiley:

I think you got that backwards. :wink:

But, as much as I love Twinkies, Hostess Cupcakes were, are and always will be the bomb! A couple of those and a big glass of cold milk simply defines snack perfection!

Honorable mention to the jelly-filled Hostess Donuts.

They’ve been around forever in any 7-11 in California, Oregon, or Washington.

That’s my impression, but of course I can’t know if it’s literally correct.

My wife agrees with you.

Strawberry pie for the win, IMHO.

Actually, in the South we tend to prefer Little Debbies. *Slightly *more like real food than Hostess products, and a better variety I think.

I’m not one for Christmas products showing up in stores in October, but I’m very excited that the Christmas Tree Cakes have started to hit the shelves. mmmm mmmm

Funny, mine doesn’t. She thinks Twinkies are swill. Oh well, more for me!

Golden Cupcakes. (Not orange.)
They have that same thick waxy chocolate icing as the regular cupcakes, but yellow cake insead of chocolate. Yum!

Ho Ho’s and Suzy q’s
Interesting (to me) note: in looking up the Hostess website I found that Hostess, Drake’s and Dolly Madison are all owned by the same parent company. Did not know that. The basically compete with…themselves. and Little Debbie.

Suzy-Q for me too.

Cherry Pie, nuked, and Ding Dongs, then the chocolate cupcakes.

We have em at my corner store too, in Flint MI

always used to love the ho-hos, cupcakes and suzy-q’s. But really, does anyone think they taste different now? maybe my taste preferences have changed, but they don’t taste as wonderful as I remember.

Agreed, I find they don’t taste nearly as nice as I remember. This is true of the fruit pies, at least, as I’ve eaten those in adulthood. I also claim that they had more actual fruit back when I was a kid, which may or may not be the case.

Amazingly, I don’t think I’ve ever had a Sno-Ball.

I vote for cherry or lemon pie.

They didn’t use to be, before 1995. When I found out that they were owned by the same company now, it was a shock, like finding out that Coke had bought out Pepsi.

I like HoHos the best, but a frozen Twinkie rocks.

If you are tired of Twinkies freeze on. Then bite it and it’s so good the way the cake unfreezes ASAP but the cream part is still frozen.

I found I like Little Debbies better at first but they are too sweet if you eat too much.

Once I was working late and forgot to eat all day and there was a box of Little Debbie swiss rolls (there version of HoHos) and the first two were like heaven (especially if you’re hungry) but then they got sickeningly sweet after the first two.

So I think people might perfer Little Debbie if you eat in small amounts

Ding Dongs, when they came awesomely wrapped in foil.

Don’t care for Hostess stuff as that was all we had, day after day after day after day as dessert when we were little. Only so much mundane chocolate cake/greasy white filling you can take in a lifetime. The orange cupcakes, at least, are different, so I vote for them. The fruit pies aren’t bad and you can warm them up and serve with ice cream, if you want to use up all your calories for the day…I vastly prefer Little Debbie - pecan swirls, and Pumpkin Delights before Halloween are my very favorites. I like the Cosmic brownies, even if they are gummy and not-quite-chocolate slabs of I dunno what. And the crumb cakes! dang, now I’m getting hungry!

This would have been good poll material.

1. Suzy-Qs
  2. Ho Ho’s
  3. Blueberry Fruit Pie