Favorite lines from lesser known films

Some great lines; you can probably buy it cheaper than you can rent it; I can only assume it isn’t copyright protected because there must be 10 different editions out there and they are all pretty cheap.

Thanks, never saw it but i will rent it

Good to know. I’ll probably wait for Encore Westerns to bring it along. I see no mention of it in the lookahead search for titles that normally extends several weeks ahead. But, no worry, once they get it on their schedule it will be there for months! I can’t believe they’re running episodes of Bat Masterson and The Rifleman.

I did think to go to IMDb for more quotes and see that my memory’s not all that bad.

It’s a pretty funny movie – it’s just not a funny Marx Brothers movie. It would have worked well with anyone else, though, and you can enjoy it if you get past the fact that it’s the Marxes.

Even better: “If God could do the things we do, he’d be a happy man.”

And, of course there is THE LINE from Shark Attack 3: Meglodon. Anyone who’s seen the movie (really awful otherwise) knows what line I mean. Anyone who’s rented the video has stopped as soon as they heard it and gone back to see if they really heard what they heard. I can’t post it here, but seach for the film on Youtube and see what comes up. :slight_smile:

From Titan A.E.:

“Hm! An intelligent guard! Didn’t see that one coming!”

Eli Wallach, as the bandit chieftain Calvera, had a great line in *The Magnificent Seven * Explaining why he plundered the small villages of Mexico and left their inhabitants destitute:

“If God had not meant for them to be shorn he would not have made them sheep.”

“He’d kill us if he had the chance.” –The Conversation

A line that is awesome because of how it changes meaning at the end.

Yes, but I’m annoyed at how they did it. Aftyer repeating this damned line over and over during the film as “He’d KILL us if he got the chance.”, for the lasst reading they pretty obviously re-recordfed it as

“He’d kill US if he got the chance.”

Re-recording it is cheatin’, in my book. The difference could’ve been emphasized in other ways.

Who knew that Shirley Feeny was a murderous two-timer? And where was Laverne?

Not even to mention Indiana Jones!

From the excellent Swiming with Sharks:

Buddy (Kevin Spacey): What, your job is unfair to you? Grow up, way it goes. People use you? Life’s unfair? Grow up, way it goes. Your girlfriend doesn’t love you? Tough shit, way it goes. Your wife gets raped and shot, and they leave their unfinished beers… their… their stinking longnecks just lying there on the gr - So be it. Way it goes. This is the only way that you can hope to survive. Because life… is not a movie. Everyone lies. Good guys lose. And love… does not conquer all.