Favorite Oscar Dresses Anyone?

1. I have no idea why you would drive anywhere to look at a dress that isn’t the one in question, unless you wanted to wear it.
  2. Marisa Tomei tripped TWICE while walking down the red carpet. Her dress was too long, spike heels or no.
  3. If that is how that dress is supposed to fit then it’s not flattering. At all.

FWIW, Anne Hathaway’s first dress of the evening was also vintage and it fit perfectly.

BWAHAHAHHA - Yes, I have to admit the beading did have a sort of barnacle-esque quality to it.

The first thought that came to mind when I saw Cate Blanchett was that she looked like a sparkly toilet. Maybe a brand new, never used toilet, but a toilet nonetheless. My favorites were Gweneth Paltrow and Mila Kunis. They were both wearing dresses I could see myself wearing. You know, if I ever had to go to something even half as glamourous as the Oscars and weighed about 20 pounds less than I do now.

Was he a big fan of Baywatch? Because that dress looks exactly like a Baywatch monokini until you get down to the hips.

Jennifer Lawrence’s dress flattered her figure but looked pretty boring to me. She should have paired it with bigger accessories.

I didn’t make the Baywatch connection at the time but you nailed it. As far as I know he’s never watched the show; he just has really unsophisticated taste apparently :smiley:

I loved Anne Hathaway’s “kinetic” dress - the silver one with all the weighted strands. I’m sure it would be a pain to wear for more than about an hour, but it was just mesmerizing to look at.

I think it would be a bit painful to sit in. :slight_smile:

Loved most of the looks, but Anne’s blue dress and Hallee Steinfeld’s lovely age-appropriate pink one were my favorites.

I have long thought that Cate Blanchett dresses to be different, rather than to flatter her body and face. This one was a good example of that. It looked silly.

Agreed - and I can only imagine trying to get that dress untangled from the folding seats in the theater. But as a stage dress - wow.

I think her accessories are just the right size

We thought she looked like a petri dish run amok.

Hahahaha… I loved that thing! Well, loved it for being horrible. It looks like she went out wearing a nice gold dress and then was mostly consumed by a tuxedo. The best part of it is that, at some point, she tried it on and was told “Oh, that looks great on you…”

I think Jennifer Hudson looked the best of all of the women. She looked sexy and glamorous, and that dress was phenomenal.

I loved Jennifer Hudson’s dress at first–the color was amazing on her–but the longer I looked at it, the worse her boobs looked. A trifle more coverage would have served her well, IMHO.

Huh? I thought it was quite flattering. Speaking of boobage, I had no idea about Oprah.

Apparently I’m not the only one to make the association, but I have three witnesses to the original comment.

Hailee Steinfeld was my favorite and I actually thought that Cate Blanchett’s had to be hella interesting on the back. Did not like Oprah’s mess at all.

Oh, Oprah has had boobs since she was about 12. No surprise there, really, except for the fact that you hadn’t noticed them.

Looking for a picture of Jennifer Hudson’s dress, I found a stylist who agreed with me that her dress “didn’t have enough support on top,” so apparently I wasn’t the only person who didn’t like her boobs in that otherwise stunning dress. The article is here:
http://www.popeater.com/2011/02/28/elyse-walker-jennifer-hudson-oscars-fashion/

Not simply existence, but sheer abundance.

I gues I’m the only one who didn’t like Mila Kunis’ dress. The colr was beautiful but it looked like the top was too big and had slipped down to show her bra. I guess I just don’t like that style. I hated Cate Blanchette’s. My personal favorites were Hailee Stanfield, and Ann’s beaded Oscar de la Renta and the deep red Atelier Versace (I would take that color and that dress over the shiny blue one in a heartbeat). I thought Jennifer Hudson looked great except for the boobs and Melissa Leo looked awful. Honorable mention also to Natalie Portman who looked great except for the hair.