Favourite comedy film of all time?

Your favourite movie guys…one

Even if you stipulated that they were stuck on a deserted island and only one movie was available, posters would either post a list of movies or look for end runs around the question, such as “What if I put a bunch of movies on one dvd?”

Many people just can’t name one. I cannot name 1 group or 1 song or 1 comedy movie.
I can narrow it down to a few which I did.

Fair enough. Is a limit of five fair?

Loach and Calmeachm went extra

that exit then

Requiem for a Dream

What?

Dodgeball

My Favorite Year

The top one – that’s why I listed it there.

Cary Grant; a tossup between I Was a Male War Bride and Bringing Up Baby.

Oh, yeah – how could I forget to add What’s Up, Doc? to the list.

For the record, WUP is NOT Bringing up Baby.

My Cousin Vinnie, based on the number of times I seen it and yet still laugh at most of the jokes.

This is tough, because comedies don’t always age well for me. Some of the movies that have made me laugh hardest just DON’T make me laugh any more.

I still remember how I laughed when I first saw This Is Spinal Tap. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed harder. But the last two times I saw it? Hardly even a smile.

Does that reflect badly on the movie, or does it just mean I know all the jokes and can’t be surprised by them any more? Or that I’m much older than I was, and just don’t relate any more to the scene it was spoofing?

The one movie that’s always cracked me up and still does is the Marx Brothers’ Duck Soup.

The Odd Couple(1968)

And I don’t usually like Neil Simon screen adaptions,and I wasn’t crazy over the TV series, but Matthau and Lemmon are just perfect in this one. Two greats at the top of their game. Perfect.

And the Pigeon sisters were awesome as well.

Raising Arizona

A tie for me…

A Fish Called Wanda
Rushmore
Annie Hall

You’re not the boss of me!

The Big Lebowski.

Then I’ll have to say Airplane!

Just you watch