Feminine Facial Stubble

Is there a right way to tell someone about hygiene regarding their feminine facial stubble? …And, how do women control it?

Yes. You don’t.

Who is this “someone”? Your wife? Your daughter? Your grandmother? A coworker?

How do people approach you when they have issues with your facial stubble? Do the same.

Do you imagine that you would be telling them something about their own face that they weren’t already aware of?

What hygiene issue is there with this person’s facial stubble?
If it’s infected or smells really bad, you should probably say something…

Easy. Just walk up to them and tell them, “You may not be aware, but you have very obvious stubble on your face.” And then tell them all about what shaving routine you practice. I am sure they will be glad you spoke up.

You may have heard “if someone offers you a Kleenex, accept it.”

Maybe you could wrap a tweezers in one first.

Ten Foot Pole. Nope. Not long enough. Besides they know.

Go get lunch.

There is literally no situation where that is any of your fucking business.

What is wrong with a woman having facial hair?

And why are you calling it “hygiene”?

In theory, it is possible, if you know her well enough. But then you wouldn’t be asking. So I have to agree with the politely worded answers that you shouldn’t say anything. She likely knows about it, doesn’t like it, but has no practical options to deal with it. It’s not any easier to handle than it is for us men who get five o’clock shadow even if we shave twice a day.

Primarily the same way you would remove any other hair–shaving, waxing, depilation, laser removal, etc. But there are also prescription creams specifically for women to reduce hair growth. Plus, if it’s caused by some sort underlying condition, they may try medicine or hormones to treat that.

I do think that it’s possible some women don’t know about all of these options. But, even so, as you can see by the offense merely asking causes, it’s not something to bring up with anyone you’re not close to and know would be okay with it.

@Jinx no you don’t say anything about it.

In a way it’s a shame though that even between close friends it can be really tough to tell someone something about themselves that would actually be easy to change.

In my case, there were a couple things about my appearance that I only learned during a break up where my former partner was trying to be mean, but actually turned out to be useful info.

You have to discreetly and tactfully work it into a conversation. Like “looks like someone was running late this morning and didn’t have time to shave their furry mutant face.”

The key is to avoid mentioning them by name, so that you have plausible deniability.

No.

A significant percentage of adult human females have body and facial hair. They are aware of it, because all their lives society beats them over the head with a message that this is wrong, unnatural, unfeminine, and maybe even freakish. It is like going up to someone morbidly obese and saying “Did you know you’re fat?”. Yes, yes they already know that.

There are a variety of methods of varying costs and effectiveness. All but one or two that are quite expensive (and may be physically painful or contra-indicated for someone) are not permanent. A lot of them were already mentioned up thread. You can also go to the feminine hygiene aisle and scope them out - there’s quite a range.

What’s the hygiene issue? If it’s something easy to fix (they have toilet paper stuck in the stubble) tell them privately so they can fix it. If there’s a bad infection, and you think that’s any chance they don’t realize it’s actually infected, you might privately mention it to them.

If it’s just, “they have facial stubble”, they know that, and the right reaction is to myob. Many women are blessed with little facial hair, and do absolutely nothing to control it. Women who have significant facial hair are screwed. They get bombarded with messages that they aren’t properly feminine, and there aren’t a lot of great options for them. Your calling attention to it only makes it worse.

I’ll give one exception to that. A non-binary friend developed facial stubble, and i was pretty sure it was on purpose. So i asked about it. They were delighted I’d noticed. And yes, they developed much more facial hair because they’d started taking testosterone. And they were happy that the new hormones were causing visible changes.

I’ll give another exception. The right way to tell a woman about facial stubble is accurately and politely AFTER SHE HAS SPECIFICALLY ASKED YOU TO.

Years ago, I knew a woman who had several natural characteristics that were masculine. Today I’d know that she was intersex. Back then, I just mentally noted that she had a remarkable amount of facial hair, and sad nothing. I figured she’d probably had to field a lot of insensitive questions, and really, it didn’t matter. It’s just hair.