First day in shorts!

It’s lovely outside, and not quite as hot as it was yesterday. And I’ve got the afternoon off! Woohoo!

I shall be sitting on my lanai, enjoying the sun (assuming it doesn’t cloud over, as it may likely), and sipping a lovely shandy.

Who’s with me? :slight_smile:

Ah, hell, I’ll be in front of the computer on these boards and in chat. But that doesn’t preclude the shandy… :wink:

• s.e.

I just wanted to say that I’ve worn shorts all winter long.

Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Is “lanai” Canadian for tuches?

I started the shorts thing the last East Coast (sounds better than NJ) warm spell. The next morning when I took the dog out for a walk, it was pretty cold, but I always wear yesterday’s clothes because I walk the dog before I shower. I was in shorts today for my rendevous with blood and ink.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Chrome Spot *
Is “lanai” Canadian for tuches?[/QUOTE

Lanai is a word of Hawaiian origin meaning porch or patio. They would use it all the time on “The Golden Girls” (remember?) - and according to my parents, who visit my aunt & uncle in Vero Beach, Florida, every year, people there use the term as well. (At least the snooty rich people my parents visit.) Anyway, it’s an inside joke between me & my mother, to refer to my balcony. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I’m not on the lanai if I’m sitting here typing this, am I? :wink:

• s.e.

Why wouldn’t you be? With for example something like an Airport network?

• Arnold, happily basking in the afterglow of his beachfront dinner last night in sunny Southern California

“First day?” How old are you? Never wore shorts before???

Around here, they are year round. Hard to specify a “first day”. One of my kids wore shorts all but 3 days one year to high school. Xmas shopping in shorts is just plain weird to see.