First look at Downey Jr. as Tony Stark

Tapiotar probably got hung up on the more primitive silver metal suit he wears earlier in the trailer. He made that out of spare parts while he was a captive, and refined it later to be the familiar red and gold suit.

Oh, right. Still, the same comment applies to this as well.

I had no idea who Tony Stark was.
Never heard of Iron Man.
Can’t see the trailer on Apple’s site.
Saw a bad cam version of a trailer from comic con.
Not a comic book kid.

I’ll damn sure see it.

I think I’m destined to be one of the last fans standing of Robert Downey Jr.

It was the shape of the face on the mask, not the full body armor. And the trailer seemed to show a man who was greatly enjoying being in a war zone before he was blown up. As I said, I don’t know the source material.

But I will see the movie. I’m with you,** Auntbeast,** I think Robert Downey Jr. is a terrific actor and not a mere pretty boy.

I’m not going to wait. It already has my nomination as Most Sucktastic Movie of 2008. Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark?

*Tony Stark makes you feel he’s a cool exec. with a heart of steel.

As Iron Man, all jets ablaze, he fights and smite’n with repulsor rays!

A blaze of power! Iron Man!
Amazing armor! Iron Man! *

Cary Elwes should have been Iron Man.

No way. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was beyond amazing. And this movie made me want to kick some ass when I saw the trailer, which is promising.

I’ve had a crush on RD, Jr. since I was a teen. I’ve ignored his drug problems. They don’t exist. :wink: He’s just yummy. That said, I probably won’t see this, as I’m not a comic book kid at all.

Thing is, Tony Stark in the comic books has always been sort of a fuckup. He’s an alcoholic, he’s lost control of his company about a dozen times, he’s trusted the wrong people, he’s mercenary, he makes bad decisions. So Robert Downey Jr. is perfect to play him.

Ugh, no. Awful choice. Plus, have you seen him lately? He’s gone all puffy.