Font for FBI Jackets

The Font in Question

Does anyone know the name of this font? It’s commonly found on those Blue FBI jackets with Yellow lettering. Any help’s appreciated.

Eric

You wouldn’t be trying to replicate a genuine F.B.I. jacket would you?

In any case, it’s entirely possible that this isn’t technically a typeface at all, although it might be based on one. Embroiderers and patch-makers don’t have to follow typefaces created by type foundries.

For what it’s worth, it looked like it could be condensed or narrow Helvetica, although it’s not condensed very well, because the weight of the horizontals is greater than that of the verticals. Maybe it’s just squashed instead of condensed.

It looks like Futura Bold, condensed 50%. Futura Bold Condensed would look better, but wouldn’t match.

What are you using the font for? I think usually Arial Narrow gets substitued by T-shirt makers who don’t have the wherewithal to get anything closer. If you’re looking for additional letters in the typeface (whichever one it is), a quick internet search didn’t work.

If you’re just looking for the ability to convinvingly scale the logo, Illustrator can do that in a heartbeat. Or two if you use 10.

I’m using it to make a button for someone as a christmas present–it’s a long story, but it’s basically a mockup of the color scheme used for those fbi jackets with a fake organization name instead.

In the embroidery biz, it’s called Melco Block.

So what if he wants to make a jacket. I think they’re sold at the gift shop, when you’re touring the head office. At least the baseball caps are.

Oh my god, they’re sold on the freakin’ MALL in D.C. T-shirts, hats, jackets. Kind of takes the allure out of swag when you don’t have to work FOR the agency, or have family who work FOR the agency, you just have to find some street vendor in D.C. who has faux swag.

Cartooniverse

Making a Female Body Inspector shirt, eh?