For Manly Men....

There are some films that I believe it’s acceptable for MANLY Men to watch and get misty eyed, if you know what I mean. I think the Manly Men of the SD should work out a definitive list. I’ll start.

Ole Yeller
Pride of the Yankees
Brian’s Song

Any others?

There was this bizarre article in the paper about this the other day; apparently Seabiscuit is the newest one.

That said, I’m definitely not a manly man, so I wouldn’t know.

Apollo 13
Titanic

I consider myself to be a manly man and the water works prove it when i view these 2.

Titanic?!?:eek: :dubious:

Yes mate. The final camera-pan from the bow of the ship around the corner into the double doors and up the steps where Jack is waiting in front of the clock for Rose. Seeing the characters dressed in dress and happy and smiling just brings tears to my eyes. Happens every time.

Yeah, I second that. Titanic?!?:eek: :dubious:

Not a movie, but I think Johnny Cash’s video for Hurt would qualify.

Um, Titanic is a chick flick. Not for Manly Men.

Well, according to my straight friends, anything with lesbian scenes in it. Tears of joy, of course.

Saving Private Ryan

The Green Mile* usually does it for me

:smack:

Finding Nemo.

…what!?

James Cameron does not do chick flicks. JC is among the manliest (it takes a manly man to make a manly man cry).

The Natural, but only if you’re watching it right after game 7 of the 2002 World Series.

Oh, and Thunderbolt & Lightfoot.

Nothing wrong with that one. It’s about dads and sons. Very moving.

Of course, I’m not one to talk since (to paraphrase Tom Servo) I’ll cry at the opening of a bank. Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, Monsters, Inc. – all those get me misty-eyed. But Finding Nemo didn’t make me feel embarrassed to be misty-eyed.

Whose Life is it Anyway gets me howling like a stuck pig.

I gotta cry chick flick on Titanic.

As far as James Cameron projects being the manliest of manly-man fare, bear in mind he created Dark Angel, which is really “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” set in the future.

The Longest Yard. When The Mean Machine lays some prison gridiron justice on those SOB guards, I just get all misty with man-tears…

“Where the Red Fern Grows”

“Falling Down”