Free PC game and free weekend notification thread

Snake Pass – you know, that 3D platformer where you control a snake like an actual snake – is free on Humble Store right now.

Hitman: Absolution is currently available for free from GOG.com

Theater of War 2: Kursk

The store page for ARK shows it as Windows only. I have a Mac with BootCamp enabled, so I can switch to Windows, so I never let that keep me from snagging free games. But this time, I didn’t get the normal “This title is not compatible with your OS” warning. Turns out it’s also Mac compatible.

Be very sure your HD has enough room, if you go for all of the free add-ons. I was surprised to see my 1 TB games drive nearly filled by the installation. ARK by itself, isn’t too bad.

Injustice: Gods Among Us is free to keep on Steam.

Armillo, a new “rolling 3D platformer” just launched on Steam and is free for a limited time.

Thanks!

Steam is really bad at letting its users know about free games (maybe I am missing something). I only ever know one is there via someone else telling me.

Also, this one is a bit annoying. It had no way for me to claim the game without downloading it first. It was not a big download (2.4GB I think) so I went with it and then deleted it.

I am guessing this is on purpose to get people to play it but it still annoyed me that they made me do it.

I think that if you tell it to download and then cancel it, it’s added to your library regardless. But, yeah, that’s always an annoying bit when dealing with free Steam games.

Watch Dogs 2 will be free-to-keep on Uplay on July 12.

It look very specific though

rockpapershotgun.com

You need to grab it while the show’s live, meaning you’ll have about a 45 minute window to make those dogs yours.

Thank you. What is the exact window, including time zone? Anyone know?

It’s mentioned at the link:

It looks like you’ll want to head to their Ubisoft Forward page and log in up at the top right of the page. The main show runs between 8:00-8:45pm BST / 12:00-12:45pm PDT.

What are the odds their system stands up to millions of people trying to claim a free game during a 45-minute window? Going to be a 404-fest I’m afraid.

I will try, but my hope is that they end up giving it away for all the next day as well.

A little tip for those who pick up WD2:

The right side of the ATM benefits the bank; the left side benefits the user.

Looks like you only need to watch for a minute to get WD2. Watching longer will get you rewards in some upcoming WD and AC games and an apparel cache key in Division 2. Watch Dogs 2 will be delivered to your account tomorrow. Be sure your Ubisoft and Twitch accounts are linked to get drops (including the game)

Is this something we do on the Uplay app?

There’s a UbiForward page linked to Ubisoft although, if possible, you might want to use Twitch (will need a Twitch account and to link to your Ubi account) since the UbiForward page seems to be screwing up and not accepting logins. Probably slammed.

See the FAQ for a list of feeds you can watch and instructions on how to link Twitch to your Ubisoft account to get drops. https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/faqs/55660

I was all logged in and it logged me out and now I can’t login to claim it.

No shock.