Fucking Cubs. FUCK!

These motherfuckers are giving up chance after chance at taking 1st place but all they can do is fuck it up and get slammed game after game. With the Brewers losing all these fucking games it should be EASY for the Cubs to get a game or 2 into 1st, but nope. They’re the Cubs and this is what they do. They are getting ready to have lost 7 of their last 10 games. I know losing Soriano sucks, but fuck’n a man, these teams they are losing to suck big time (cept the Mets) so what the fuck is happening? They went from being tied for first to being 3 games out of the wild card!!?!? Basically they have to win their division because they can’t get the wild card at this rate.

Hopefully the Brewers can continue to suck ass so the Cubs can get it together.

Isn’t Mark Prior due off the DL sometime soon?

Yeah, it blows. The Astros always seem to have their number.

Milwaukee only lost 19-4 tonight, so it looks like they are ready to turn it around.

Well isn’t this interesting. The Cardinals, who have sucked all year, are six games out and are playing a little better against a team like San Diego. Is it possible the worst for a Cub fan could happen? Having a $300,000,000 payroll with a new manager and finish just behind the Cards? My friends that are Cub fans are already nashing teeth and rending clothes.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result.

Cubs fans: definitionally insane.

Brewers fans: Hey, I bet the Polish sausage wins the race!

Stranger

My mother will be 87 this year. She’s been a Cubs fan her entire life. I promise you, your tale of woe is what I’ve been hearing all my life. The Cubs just don’t seem to be able to keep it together even on the rare occasions they get it together.

I’m seriously doubting I’ll see them in the Series in my lifetime, either. Even if I make it to 103 like my grandmother did.

Watch out, if they keep it up, they will be in the basement with the Pirates.

Then you will have something worth bitching about!

It’s a mediocre division sliding towards lousiness.

Any of the top four teams can win. If the Brewers, Cardinals or Astros do so, we’ll get to watch Lou Piniella turn bright red and go off like a geyser*, so the entertainment possibilities are strong.
*Are the bases nailed down at Wrigley?

[channeling VCO3]

There are so many things wrong with the Cubs that I don’t even know where to begin, short of just popping steroids and pissing on baseball’s most hallowed record in the middle of a pennant race. The Cubs entered the season with their usual “Team” of prized free agents pitchers and position players, from Mark DeRosa to Alfonso Soriano while they got off to a 22-29 start featuring an ADORABLE fistfight in the dugout between “Carlos Zambrano” and “Michael Barrett”. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! What, are you upset you didn’t sign fucking ALEX RODRIGUEZ, too, you spoiled little fucking ABORTIONS?

What kills me the most is how this hapless new manager Lou Pinella is supposed to “improve” the Cubs chances of making the playoffs ahead of such division “opponents” as the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Cincinnati “Red Stockings”, even in this era of division series and wild card teams. Jesus, that’s not enough? REALLY? I understand that we’re dealing with spoiled, entitled, demanding professional athelets, but it sounds like they’ve got it PRETTY FUCKING GOOD to begin with! When I use to follow baseball, we had four divisions and four playoff spots available. EVERY YEAR. And that’s IT. These little toilets have to play just over .500-ball to make the post-season, and yet they get swept by the Houston Astros with WGN on-hand to broadcast it to everyone. Goddamn, things like this make me hate our sports coverage.

Dear Chicago Cubs: GET AIDS.

[/VCO3]

Dude, you sooo kick Rich Little’s ass.

Eh, I’ve said it for 30 years (I’m 35)…Maybe next year.

I was really confused there for a moment. I opened the thread to find out what you had against baby bears.

Results over the last 10 games:

Milwaukee 3-7
Chicago 4-6
St. Louis 4-6

The Astros are positively streaking at 5-5.

As **Jackmannii **says, a pretty bad division.

Also, if anything St. Louis fans should be more depressed than Cubs fans about the rest of the season. At least the Cubs can argue that they’ve been a bit unlucky, whereas the opposite is the case for the Cardinals.

Based on runs scored and conceded, the Cubs are currently 3 games behind their expected Win-Loss record. They should be around 62-52, with a 4-game lead over the Brewers. The Cards, on the other hand, are currently 6 games ahead of their W-L expectancy. They should be second-last in the division, one game ahead of the Pirates. They are second-worst in the division in runs scored, and equal-worst in runs allowed.

I’m a HUGE Cubs fan. I either 1) watch every game on TV, 2) stream the game live on the internet, or 3) replay the game after I get home.

Sure they have had their ups and downs this year, but WTF??? they are only 1/2 a game out and you know the Brewers aren’t going to take the division. Sure, they are without Soriaono for a while, and possibly Ramirez for a few days, but c’mon, they are playing well!

PREDICTION 1: The Cubs will definitley make the playoffs.

PREDICTION 2: They will find some way to screw it all up (Bartman; curse of the old goat; whatever)