Fucking loser moderators!

Yeah, you know who I’m talking about, too, don’tcha? DON’TCHA?

Yahoo Group Moderators.

Oh, how I loathe some of them. :mad:

[ul][li]If you start a Group, for Christ’s sake monitor it! If the last 30 messages are pr0n spam, you have a problem. And yes, those of us that find your Group and think, “Oooh! Finally, somewhere where I can talk about that particular subject!” are thoroughly disgusted when we join and see nothing but spam posts. Go in and fucking ban the motherfuckers.[/li]
[li]Change the settings if you can’t keep out the spam accounts. (See, for those unfamiliar, what they do is they create a Yahoo account, and then join the Group just to spam it. Sometimes they even join and then wait a while. These aren’t people, they’re bots or bot accounts.) Yahoo gives you a few options - try using one of them. They actually work.[/li]
[li]Spammers do not limit themselves to posts. Go in and check out your links page or your files page - there are literally dozens of pr0n ads all over the place. See, the spammers have learned - if you spam the list, you get banned, but if you just post links, no one’s the wiser (unless, of course, you actually visit your own fucking Group once in a while, you moron).[/li]
[li]If you do have it set to moderate all posts, once in a while go in and actually approve some of them. A message sitting for two months isn’t much of a message.[/li]
[li]Don’t bitch at me because I complain that you don’t know how to do your own job. I assume if you started the Group in the first place you were actually interested in doing something with it. If you can’t handle it, transfer ownership to someone else, or at least make somebody else Moderator.[/li]
[li]And to the specific owner I helped as a moderator for a while, FUCK YOU for pulling my privileges without talking to me first. Yeah, you apologized later, but you were a fucking jerk about the whole thing, and if I hadn’t gotten the national board involved, no one would have even known what a knee-jerk tyrant you are. Trust me - you think you’re helping “the group’s reputation,” but you’re actually hurting it by being such a hypersensitive reactionary baby.[/ul][/li]
DISCLAIMERS: I know Yahoo Groups suck, but if other people choose to use them, it’s the only choice I have. I own and/or moderate about a dozen Groups myself, so I understand the ins and outs, and I maintain my Groups daily - it’s not that difficult. And by roasting these particular moderators, I in no way mean to imply that other moderators of other, similar internet locales (say, for example, The Straight Dope Message Board) are flaming, ignorant, lazy asshats, 'cause they aren’t. Really. please don’t ban me

Esprix

I have found the same situation on Yahoo message boards. Sad. :frowning: Can’t really add anything, because you said it all, really. Damn non-Straightdope-moderators. :mad:

Ghodmotherfuckingdammit! Not only am I near the bottom of the fucking list for number of BBQ Pit threads, but now it looks like I’m gonna get lapped by fucking moderators from another fucking message board!Thanks a whole hell of a lot, Esprix. Just for that, I’m going to reveal a big, nasty secret of yours that will ruin your life forever-

Esprix is gay!

I run a few of those groups. :slight_smile:

<points at Esprix and laughs>

Yeah, so? Most of us are pretty happy at times and …

… oh.

:smiley:

On behalf of a fair number of members here who moderate or administer boards elsewhere and try to live up to the same high standards as our resident Evil Dictatorial Fascist Nazi Clique with the hats (;)), I’d like to request an emendation of this remark.

Dang?

Yep. To Heck, no less! :slight_smile:

Aw, man, here comes Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light!

</dilbert>

Esprix is GAY?

OMG dude i had no idea lololz!!!1

Kidding, kidding. You can put the claymore down. Hey, I said I was-[splat]

There can be only one.

Esprix

And it ain’t you, babycakes.

:wink:

Really? I figured anytime Esprix entered a room, people would say, “Yep, he’s one, all right.”

I have a suggestion

Wait, I had a suggestion. Where was I? Oh yes.

Maybe it would be a good idea if you stopped fucking them, then?

I thought that the first time I met him.

Then I realized he was gay as well.

[sub]~runs off quickly~[/sub]

Remember the sitcom The Charmings? Snow White, Prince Charming, their 2 sons, Evil Stepmother, a magic mirror, and a Dwarf living in modern suburbia?

Prince-Is anything going on between you and Harry?
Snow-Oh, honey! You don’t have to worry about that. Harry’s gay.
Prince-Well everybody is happy and gay when you’re around.
Snow- No I mean (whispers).
Prince-OH! Like Tweedledum and Tweedledee!