Fucking neighbors(long, pissy)

I saw someone else’s rant about neighbors and it reminded me of my shitty Saturday morning. Since he was asking for advice, I decided not to hijack the thread.

A little over a year and a half ago, my next door neighbor moved in. She’s cute. She’s nice. A bit dim, but she’s nice enough that it can be overlooked.

Our houses are about 40 years old, and while not in disrepair, are “Old Tech”. So she decided to embark on upgrades. Before she even moved in, she had contractors crawling all over the fucking place. I should also mention that we live on a very small court with only 4 houses on it. Fine, right? Well, mostly.

One morning, her HVAC/Sheetmetal contractor showed up at about 7:15 on a saturday morning and started banging on fucking sheetmetal in her front yard(which our bedroom window faces). I woke up in an extremely poor mood. I put on some shorts and told him to shut it the fuck up. He did so until 8am.

Fine.

About 3 months ago she decided she needed to remove a bunch of topsoil and begin prepping the yard for grass. Fine, right?

Wrong. So wrong.

Firstly, she’s so fucking lazy and so inept that she decides to have her Brother In Law bring his crew over with a bobcat and several HUGE fucking dumptrucks to do the work. THey showed up at like 8am on a Saturday. Her B-I-L told her that we were “lucky” and that he could start as early as 7:30 if he really wanted to. The diesel fumes, the dirt, the dust and the mess are GaWdawful. They took all day to do the work, and wreaked havoc the entire time. No biggie, right? One day of work and they can lay some sod, right?

Wrong. So wrong.

THen her yard sat around in this state for a week. One day, another HUGE dumptruck shows up with a load of compost he “just happened to have extra of”. They dumped it in the middle of her yard. It was fermenting cedar compost. It was the worst smell, it was early summer, and my bedroom window was about 20 fucking feet from the pile. It was vomitous. That’s fine though, right? the workers will be over to spread the compost and lay the sod, right?

You guessed it. Wrong, SO absolutelymotherfucking wrong.

So this then sat around for a fucking month. Thankfully, the smell died off.

For the last 2 weeks they’ve worked nonstop. It took days just to lay concrete forms. They took a jackhammer to her driveway, walkway and backyard to remove TONS of concrete. Assholes. The dirt, the dust, the noise, the nonstop fucking action in my little court disrupting my every fucking sun-filled minute.

They were finally ready to pour concrete. I was ecstatic. Orgasmic even. Fine, right?

BwaHaHaa. No.

They showed up at 6:30AM on my MOTHERFUCKING SATURDAY-ASS MORNING with a cement truck, a cement crew and a pumper! My time of repose. My rest, shattered. Ruined.

By this time(and after months of patience I might add), my wife and I were incensed. We decided that a status quo needed to be set and called the cops. The police showed up, told them not to pour before 9 AM!(had I known what time construction time was I woulda shoved it up their ass months ago). Fine, right? They left and waited till 9, right?

:rolleyes: Wrong. so miserably, rudely, lack of common-fucking-sense having, discourteously wrong. The policeman left, the pumper left. I thought I could get some sleep.

Then the cement truck backed in to her driveway and started pouring! :eek:

After another hour of this, we called the police again to find out if the policeman told them to pour anyways. They said absolutely not. We had them send out a second cruiser to lecture them. Of course it was 9 by the time he showed up, but it was VERY obvious that construction was in full-swing.

There you go neighbor. I hope your custom-made fucking driveway was worth our neighborly friendship. I really do. This is the last straw and I will seek to destroy you every fucking time you step out of bounds from now on. You rude, prissy fucking daddy’s girl. Daddy and your B-I-L told you that “it would be too hot to pour cement” if you waited a few hours. The cop told you no. You did it anyways. Fuck off.

Hope you enjoy your yard, bitch. :mad:

Sam

Yikes, that had to have been miserable for you.

I’m not defending anyone here but… Are you sure that the neighbor is to blame though? Certainly she hired out for the work but did she have control over the timing? Was she even aware of your disapproval? (you said she wasn’t so bright, is it possible she just didn’t get it?)

As a contractor (on occasion, anyway) I will state that these guys (contractors) should have known better; The local ordinances involved, as well as having common courtesy. Very few clients control when the contractors will work however, it is usually whenever the weather, the juggling of other jobs, material availability, etc., allows us to. (That is no excuse for their behavior though, they should have timed their work more efficiently.) That said, it would seem that these guys were the inconsiderate ones (at least from the informaton provided).

Your frustration, though understandable, may be misdirected toward (towards, if you’re British) an innocent, albiet clueless, woman.

If not, do you own any (loud) power tools? :wink:

dino-

Since the latest round of construction, our neighbor has not contacted us at all. We’ve not had a single conversation regarding the work, her house, her workers or anything else. I don’t doubt that her Daddy and B-I-L are the ones who pushed to have the work continue on despite protestations and lectures from the cops. But it is still her problem for being an inconsiderate fuckhead.

Y’know, just to get this job over with, I would not have had a fucking embolism that morning if she had warned me and I had had ample opportunity to get my sleep. My wife and I would have gladly let the construction go on with a little bit of courtesy and communication.

I mean really-6:30? WTF?!?@# I don’t start making tool-related noises until about 9am, ever. I turn my music down before 10pm. Hell,e ven my brother re-did the exhaust on the Charger so he wouldn’t piss the neighborhood off in the AM.

I really want to fire up my 60 gallon compressor at 6AM amd use my impact wrench on something…but I’m bigger than that, really I am :slight_smile:

Sam

GaWd,

You knows I loves ya baby but it’s not ** *absolutelymotherfucking * ** .

It’s ** * absomotherfuckinglutely ***
:: d&r, throwing kisses and laughing like a loon all the way. ::

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:makes mental note:

How the hell are you doin, girl? :slight_smile:

Sam

If you ask me, the neighbour is most certainly to blame.

It’s her responsibility to find out what the noise laws are in the first place. If she can’t exactly adhere to them like snot to a doorknob, then she should have had the decency to come over and ask permission to start work early on a given day if it absolutely can’t be avoided. If the answer is no, then it’s no, tough titty.

There’s a little thing called “right to peaceful enjoyment of property/premises.” We all have that right and that’s why there are noise laws in place to begin with.

I (sort of) feel your pain GaWd. My next door neighbour has been doing construction projects on her house since she bought it three years ago. Constant banging, hammering, trucks in & out of her driveway, crowds of friends helping her, shit obstructing our driveway, etc, etc. The one thing she hasn’t done is woken me up before 9:00 on a Saturday morning. The neighbour on the other side takes care of that for us by letting her three yappy dogs out at 7:00 am every Saturday morning before she leaves for work.

Triss,

Last Friday I came home and she had a tree trimming service there AS WELL as her normal cement crew. He was working, when his wife showed up. She parked behind the other 10 vehicles stuffed into the small court we live on.

Then they proceeded to have a loud argument. Then she left. When my wife came back, she was blocking our driveway.

Grr.

Fucking neighbors.

Sam

Buy $500 worth of speakers & massive stereo system.

Aim at her walls.

Get a hotel room for the night.

Turn it on, turn it UP. About 10 PM. Go stay at the hotel room. Come back 8 AM the next morning.

Do this a few times every month. You may get tickets for disturbing the peace, but hey, if it’s worth it to you?

No, you’re not. :smiley:

I’d say wait till she’s clearly had a late night and probably has a pounding head, and then get out there right under her bedroom window with your compressor and impact wrench at 6:30 a.m. Sometimes petty revenge is SO sweet!

I’m fiiiiiinnnnneeeeee baby, but you already knew that. Seriously I’m doing great.

Good to hear Ayesha. I’ve wondered how you were for a long time. :smiley:

Look on the bright side.

All that renovation is going to increase the housing values in the street.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Totally agree with that.
A few disturbed saturday mornings has probably made you a few bob.

So you can expect the tax assessor to visit your neighborhood soon. Hope you enjoy your new valuation!

You guys are fucking kidding me, right? Are you out of your skulls? Or is this just some “homeowner” thing?

And some creative cement pouring won’t affect valuation one way or the other I’m sure.

Sam

Well, I tell ya what to do, if you want revenge. If you don’t have one, get or borrow a stereo with a multi player CD with very large, loud speakers.

Find an excuse to get up at 4 AM on a Saturday or Sunday (or whenever her sleep routine is) and simply blast some music her direction. I would suggest a lot of titles like ACDC, Metallica, Iron Maiden. Or to be really annoying play Barry Manilow, Michael Bolton.

Or play this crap over and over and over again…

“The Devil went down to Georgia” Charlie Daniels band
“My Heart will go on” Celine Dion
“Oops, I did it Again” Brittany Spears
“These shoes were made for walking” Nancy Sinatra
“Real Slim Shady” Eminem
“Big balls” ACDC

Or anything that will stick to this woman’s brain for the day. Program your torture until 9 AM. Go fishing, take a drive, eat at IHOP, or go to a hotel. Whatever.

heeheeheehee

Lock up the house and go fishing.

Just out of interest, are the other people in your quiet little court as pissed off with this woman as you are? If so, it’s gonna be pretty unpleasant for her in that neighbourhood for a while.

You know, somewhere this woman is telling a story about how she has been dutifully trying to beautify her house since she moved in despite that fact that her lazy fucking neighbor lives in a dump and won’t even get out of bed before 9am to do ANYTHING to his house. And after she had been working for a good long time, her prick of a neighbor, instead of coming over to discuss his concerns like a rational human being, apparently decided to bottle up his rage and when he couldn’t take it anymore had to call the police like a 6 year old tattletale running to mommy.

I’ll grant you that she was not overly considerate (if it were me, I would have informed my neighbors at the get go and told them to come to me if they had any problems with the construction), but in my opinion you’re the bigger dick for calling the police.

Pipper, you’re a cocksucker, and apparently you’re an asshole of a neighbor as well.

THe police were called because after mentioning the time issue to her before, the man doing the work told her her had a right to be there as early as 7:30AM with MAJOR ATTITUDE. I guaran-fuckin-tee that at 6:30 in the morning, attitude from an asshole disturbing me will turn ugly.

She’d been told about working early before. Her Contractor was a dick and wrong about the time to boot, so FUCK YOU.

Sam

P.S.- your opinion counts for shit, thankfully. Most rational people side with me.

No, I’m not an asshole neighbor and that’s the point. I’ll talk to my neighbors about issues and not resort to calling the police to settle my petty squabbles.

Look, I must’ve hit a nerve, but re-read your post and show me where you made any attempt to let your neigbor know you had problems with what she was doing (and yelling “Shut the fuck up” at a contractor doesn’t count). If you left out the fact that you did have multiple conversations with her and she chose not to modify her behavior, then fine, I can understand why you’re annoyed. But based on what you posted, I still stand on my opinion. The police exist for crime prevention and shouldn’t be used as a substitute for working out your issues through dialog.