Fun Rush Limbaugh Game

From http://www.lp.org/lpnews/0312/forum_mills.html

Help me find some quotes that could be used playing this game.

"Here’s a fun game. Every time a Drug Warrior uses the phrase “drug addict,” replace it with the name of their favorite hero, Rush Limbaugh, and see if they’d still agree with the statement.

Here’s one from a Republican Drug Warrior, Vermont Governor James Douglas, from his budget message speech on January 23, 2003.

He said: “More than anything, these drugs threaten our way of life. All the values that make Vermonters great – our independence, thrift, work ethic, and community spirit are endangered when drugs command our bodies. Addicts are not independent; they are dependent; they are not prudent in their finances, only concerned with funding their destructive habits; they are not industrious, but unproductive. When drugs come into our neighborhoods, violence follows and thugs and criminals dominate our streets.”

Translated: “More than anything, these drugs threaten our way of life. All the values that make Vermonters great – our independence, thrift, work ethic, and community spirit are endangered when drugs command our bodies. Rush Limbaugh is not independent; Rush is dependent; Rush is not prudent in his finances, only concerned with funding his destructive habits; Rush is not industrious, Rush is unproductive. When drugs come into our neighborhoods, violence follows and thugs and criminals like Rush Limbaugh dominate our streets.”

See what I mean? Do you agree with that statement? I don’t. I call it egregious stereotyping and generalization. I invite you to find more statements and run them through this translator…"

I’ve always had this idea the Libertarians are generally unfunny jerks. I try to be open-minded, so it bothers me to hold this stereotype. It’s just that every time I try to wean myself from it, someone comes along and reinforces it.

Damn.

Well, I think it’s a great idea and I’m not a Libertarian. It’s a quick, easy and (IMO) funny way to highlight the disingenuous moral turpitude in any rabid anti-drug statement.

Bottom line is that a great many of the self appointed moral paragons who make a damned good living ruining the lives of others with their prudish busybodying would baulk at the thought of their corpulent, vietnamese pot bellied piglet poster boy doing some hard time with Bubba like the many poor unfortunates so unjustly bereft of political contacts and great bouncy piles of fat cash who do have to repay their “debt” in accordance with the sickeningly antideluvian laws laid down by them and for them to enforce their narrow world view on those who don’t want it.**

In short Rachel Mills 1 - Prohibitionist hypocritical bastards 0. Fuck Rush, throw him in the slammer.

“Are you Rush Limbaugh?”
“Yes, but…”
“Then you support terrorists.”
“What? What the hell are y-”
“It’s a fact.”

I should add that my feelings for Rush are limited to mild annoyance and extreme skepticism at most anything he says. As for his drug problems, my wishes are for him to recover from his addiction and hopefully learn something from the experience.

My real ire is directed at the War on Drugs and its obnoxious propaganda.

yawn Grow up, OP.

Well, in Rush’s defense; he didn’t buy drugs on the street; and he used drugs manufactured by the best drug companies in the world.

So, in a sense, he continued to support corporate America.

I’m curious: Did Rush (or other conservatives of his ilk) advocate jailing of abusers of prescription drugs who aren’t otherwise breaking the law? I’m not trying to make an argument, I’m just curious.

Hey, I’m game for anything that makes a mockery of the drug war.

Here’s drug czar John Walters:

Here’s former drug czar Barry Mccaffrey on needle exchange:

Snoopyfan

Huh? Since when was pointing out the immorality of the drug war by highlighting the egregious hypocrisy of one of its most vocal proponants deemed immature? Did I miss a meeting or something?

lucwarm

I’m not sure about that but I do know that he has traditionally taken a very dim view of addicts in general. The way I see it, Rush was as addicted to his “Hillbilly heroin” as any addict is to any drug. By failing to show compassion to coke and crack addicts and the like he committed gross hypocrisy.

Well said. I concur.

I LOVE Rush. He’s a great entertainer. I enjoy listening to his shows. I do so whenever I can. I think its just as funny to make fun of rush’s drug habit as it is to make fun of JLo’s engagement habit.

Keeping Drugs Illegal Funds Terrorism.
Fight Terrorism: Legalize Drugs

Please carry on.