Funniest line you saw coming a mile away

In last night’s ep of Supernatural, an FBI agent shot a fellow law enforcement official while possessed by a demon. When he came to, he expressed disbelief and regret, saying “I shot the sheriff.”

I don’t care how predictable the next line was, it still cracked me and my kids up when it was said.

Got any other examples where you just knew what was coming, but loved it when it came nonetheless?

When Austin Powers met Mr. Roboto, everybody knew the joke was coming. And the movie was smart enough to own up to it.

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!

A couple of weeks ago I was chatting with a group of friends and one of them started to talk about his time in Turkey. He starts of the anecdote “So this one time I was in Istanbul…” and sort of trails off because none of us made the obvious joke. He actually waited till one of us did, and I finally did after a couple seconds because I couldn’t stand the suspense!

“I’ll have what she’s having.” When Harry Met Sally

Actually, a lot of time when I predict the line it cracks me up, but I’m laughing as much at myself as the line.

I’ll admit it. I don’t see any joke setup here. :confused:

He was expecting someone to chime in “Not Constantinople”.

Last night, I was watching a WKRP I hadn’t seen before. A group of Japanese radio execs are touring WKRP, and due to a snafu, they were assigned a Spanish interpreter rather than someone who speaks Japanese. So, no one can communicate with the Japanese guys. Mr Carlson, trying to be useful, declares, “I learned some Japanese when I was in the Marines. The accent might be a little off, but…” And everyone can see it coming like the 5 o’clock train. He clears his throat, thinks for a beat, and belts out something in Japanese. Immediately the guests put their hands in the air.

I still laughed.

Man, my brain was furiously ratcheting away trying to identify TMBG, but was blocked by the more recently heard Red Elvises’ - I Wanna See You Belly Dance.

Things are cool, in Istanbul…

Shrek 2, when Puss jumps off Donkey in the castle to ‘hold up’ the guards.

I KNEW what was coming, and when it did, I laughed so hard I couldn’t breathe.

Roughly half of all Dean Winchester’s lines are totally predictable. The actor’s skill in delivering them is priceless.

Oh, well that clears that one up then… :confused: :confused: :confused:

Istanbul was old Constantinople. Now it’s Istanbul, not Constantinople.

In Dumb and Dumber the punch-line to them successfully breeding a bulldog and a shih tzu had it’s high beams on and it’s blinkers and was screaming through a bullhorn and yet…I fell on the floor laughing before they even dropped it.

It’s not a line, per se, but the chest-waxing scene in 40-Year-Old Virgin went pretty much as I was expecting it (well, maybe not the Kelly Clarkson bit!) but I was still pissing myself at the end.

Yes, I know that. Still not seeing the joke, or why it’s ‘obvious’

In My Name is Earl when Catalina went back to dancing to help Joy, and her dancing consisted of her jumping up and down. Even blind people could see the “jumping for joy” line coming down the freeway.

I think what he means is, if you’ve a date in Constantinople, she’ll be waiting in Istanbul.

Hey, even old New York was once New Amsterdam.

Song by the Four Lads, later covered by They Might Be Giants- Istanbul (Not Constantinople).

Especially since it was the title of the freakin’ episode.

Why did Constantinople get the works? That’s nobody’s business but the Turks.

*** Ponder

From “Night Court”:

Harry: Bull, how could you lose a dead Japanese industrialist?
Bull: He outsmarted me, sir.
Harry: Outsmarted you? He’s dead - a corpse is a corpse!
Dan: Of course, of course.