Funniest song titles

“I’m a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with My Honolulu Mama Singin’ Those Beat-o. Beat-o, Flat on My Seat-o, Hirohito Blues.”

Yes, this is the TITLE. This “party song” was written our national treasure, Hoagy Carmichael, who also gave us STARDUST and SKYLARK.

I’ve heard it sung. It’s funny!

Get Your Tongue Out Of My Mouth, 'Cause I’m Kissing You Goodbye by Waylon Jennings

DETACHABLE PENIS by King Missile

I HATE IT WHEN MY FRIENDS BECOME SUCCESSFUL by Morrissey

HOW COULD YOU BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAID I LOVED YOU WHEN YOU KNOW I’VE BEEN A LIAR ALL MY LIFE from the movie Royal Wedding

MY BEST FRIEND RUN OFF WITH MY WIFE AND I MISS HIM by Gene Scruggs

CATFISH BOOGIE by Tennessee Ernie Ford (who also wrote SHOTGUN BOOGIE & EARLY MORNIN’ BOOGIE- for some reason I think they’re funny)

Well, though maybe not as funny as some of these, the White Stripes have a song called “I Fought Piranhas”.

Well, I thought it was funny. :slight_smile:

Maybe we should have some sort of “funniness to number of words in the title” ratio. :wink:

I like F* Christmas** (listed without censorship) by FEAR and I Got a Right to sing the Blu, by a band whose name I can’t remember. The second was funny because the only words in the song were the title, and the singer just sort of trailed off in the middle of the last word. I like the titles of a lot of songs by Japanese bands too…Boredoms and Takako Minekawa come up with good ones.

Anything by Jad Fair:
Example:
“Retired Grocer Constructs Tiny Mount Rushmore Entirely of Cheese”
“Nevada Man Invents Piano with 21 Extra Keys”
“Dedicated Thespian Has Teeth Pulled to Play Newborn Baby in High School Play.”
“Take the skinheads bowling”

Just about anything by Anal Cunt.

Wasn’t there a song by Burt Reynolds called Lets Do Somethin Cheap and Superficial?

Too High for the Supermarket by The Uninvited

Lots of punks songs.

I Live In A Cake
Kill All The White Man
Hobophobic (Scared Of Bums)

by NOFX are some.

“!aaaH-aH ,yawA eM ekaT oT gnimoC er’yehT” always amused me. It’s a B side to “They’re Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!”

Wally Pleasant has always had some of the funniest song titles to the funniest songs. My favorites are “How I got Lost On the Road Less Traveled But Then Got Instant Karma on I-96”, “Post Graduate Overeducated Out Of Work Blues” and “The Day Ted Nugent Killed All The Animals.”

Sampiro said:

<< I HATE IT WHEN MY FRIENDS BECOME SUCCESSFUL by Morrissey >>

Sorry… just had to say (tiny nitpick): It was actually called “We hate it when our friends become successful”

My submission:

She Was Waitin’ For Her Mother At The Station In Torino And You Know I Love You Baby But It’s Getting Too Heavy To Laugh

by Shawn Philips (bet none of you have heard of him!)

Also:

The train runs over the camel but is derailed by the gnat

by The Flaming Lips

An old Jan & Dean B side was
"The Anaheim, Azuza and Cucamunga Sewing Circle, Book Review and Timing Association"

Funny thing is, it’s actually a decent song.

Funny haha or funny strange?

Styx - Plexiglass Toilet

Meatloaf sings several songs written by Jim Steinman with funny titles. Here are a few:
Where the Rubber Meets the Road
I’d Lie for You (And That’s the Truth)
Life Is a Lemon and I Want My Money Back*

• The “Rubber” is a condom

Christine Lavin also gave us an entire album called Getting in Touch With My Inner Bitch which contains the songs What Was I Thinking In 1999 (this is complete with a Monica Lewinsky reference) and Piranha Women of the Avocado Jungle of Death, based on the title of a movie.

CJ

Jesus Chrysler Drives a Dodge - Screaming Blue Messiahs

Jim Steinman has quite a few good titles, Two out of Three (ain’t bad) with the Chorus “I want you, I need you, but there is no way I’m ever going to love you, but don’t be sad, two out of three ain’t bad” Or Paradise by the Dashboard Light.

I do hate to say it but Jim can’t take credit for I’d Lie for You (And That’s the Truth) by Diana Warren or Where the Rubber Meets the Road. He did however pen Original Sin on the same album Chorus (Now I’m looking for an Original Sin, one with a twist and a bit of a spin…"

If I’m a Ham, You’re a Sausage

• Don Dixon

I Want to Drive the Zamboni

• The Gear Daddies

My favorite of theirs was “Maximum Dream for Evel Knievel.” Truly, a band that’s almost made a career out of goofy titles.