Funny Name Alert

Lets talk about funny names. I mean real names of real people, you have encountered.
I worked for an alarm company at one time and when things got slow we would flip through our rolladex of subscribers and contacts searching for funny names.

The best ones I have ever found were;
female-
Suzy Clapsaddle,
male,
Harry Dick.

What names make you giggle?

Ayesha - Lioness

I’m out of my mind, but,
feel free to leave a message

There’s a SPEC racecar driver named Dick Trickle. . .

“Oh we were brought up on the Space-Race, now they expect us to clean toilets. When you have seen how big the world is how can you make do with this?”
Pulp, “Glory Days”

Damn. You two both covered the two stories I have on this subject, and I can offer no more…

sulking away from the thread, never to return

Yer pal,
Satan

I really hope the following people don’t look at this message board.

There was a girl who attended my grade school for a year or two. Her name was Krystal Monument. I really hope she has changed her name.

Also, in our local phone book, my friend and I found a listing for a Lyle P. Lilicrap. We prank called him until he unlisted his number.

Hey, we were young and it was before caller ID.

Ben Dibble is a buddy of my cousin’s.

A guy I knew in high school was Robert Dick (say it fast).

I’ve come across several interesting names working at the library:

Shivshank
Christian B. Smart
Johnny Walker
John Goddi
Benjamin R. Goode

Dear Ayesha:
In my younger days, I once tried to lay a girl called Candy Kane – that was her real name, I kid you not.
In high school, I knew a cat named Dave Cave.
When I lived in another county, there were many people with the surname Hunsucker. That one always cracked me up.

My high school civics teacher’s name was Richard D. Dick.

I used to book travel for a Robert Dinkfelter.

I’ll get the cliche out of the way first. I did know a guy named Richard Head in HS. The ribbing was perpetual and, in his case, he responded well and was quite an outgoing guy.

I know two people named John John (father and son).

I have a friend who’s last name is a pretty common English name, but in keeping w/a family tradition that extends from his grandfather to his eldest son, his first name is Z and his middle name is W.

Anyone have an Austin phone book? Henador Titzoff was in there for years.

Dr. Fink is a pediatrician in Greeley, Colorado.
– Sylence

“The problem with reality is the lack of background music.” – Anon

Congressman Richard Swett of Connnecticut. Goes by Dick.

At my high school, one of the administrator went by Kitty. Her last name was Katz. Not kidding.

I still think Yogi Berra is a pretty funny name, although I know Yogi Bear was named after Yogi Berra.

There’s a realtor here in Denver named Dick Berst. He’s got a few bus-bench ads on my way to work.

“On the edge of sleep, I awoke to a sun so bright…”

My uncle told me he once made a prank calls to every Lipschitz in the phone book, saying, “If your lip shits, does your asshole whistle?”

Went to school with a couple of girls named…Megan Mustard and Pearl Pepper
Also we have a philanthropist here named Harry Hole

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

My dad is a letter carrier. There’s a person on his route named ‘A. Maggot’

I’ve seen the mailbox and letters myself.

My middle name is kind of funny-ish.

But not really.

:wink:

“To me, socks are like sex. Tons of it about, and I don’t seem to get any.”

The Legend Of PigeonMan

I once worked for Sam Dick Industries in Seattle. Everybody called the old man who owned the company by his first name.

I was once very much in love with a girl named Lisa Whynot. I seldom argued with her.

In the class of actual strange names, I met a girl whose niece was named INXS. Not initials, that was her first name.

Hippie names can be good. Novalotus Merry is in my buddy’s vet class. I hear she’s a babe.

“You can’t tell me what sucks!” - Beavis, a true Objectivist

Micheal Hunt. Went by Mike.

‘They couldn’t hit an Elephant from this dist…!’

Last words of General John Sedgwick

I swear to God that I went to school with someone name Anita Boner.
Supposedly pronounced “Bone-Are,” but you know how cruel kids can be

A friend from work used to laugh about funny names we ran across. Some of our favorites:

William McWeeney (went by Willie)
Betty Buffalo
Maximum Payne

In the New Orleans phonebook years ago: Boonrut Tantriphal